Tipo 184 on the Westfield stand at Malvern

corsechris

Just curious, anyone know why the Tipo 184 was on the Westfield Chesil stand?

Funnily enough we were just debating this on our Whattsapp group as we were wondering too. 

Apparently it's the link between the Westfield Chesil owner and Bicester Heritage, the latter of which is now an official builder of the Tipo 184. 

Personally I found it really interesting having a close up look at it at the weekend, but couldn't believe just how big the thing is!

• Thanks 1

It's a shame they couldn't have put 2 mx5 engines in line and had all those 8 exhaust branches doing something. I felt cheated seeing half of them blanked off !!

• Haha 1

Yes, looks odd just seeing them floating in mid-air like that.

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Yes, looks odd just seeing them floating in mid-air like that.

nobody will notice once the bodywork is on  :ph34r:

Found the Malvern walkthrough video from the guys at MK discussing the Tipo184 at the Westfield stand. My poor English doesn't allow me to fully understand what they're saying tho 😄 

• Like 2

I bumped into Nigel Trilk on Sunday and we had a brief chat about the Tipo 184.

Apparently, Westfield have partnered with Ant Anstead (Dowsett Classic Car Company) to help with bringing the car to market (build support, parts supply etc).

Since the one Ant originally built, there has been some development work on the car such as strengthening and lengthening the chassis.

Nigel reckons that it's a real hoot to drive (very like the 50's race car it mimics), will be able to be IVA'd and will weigh around 700kg.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine has bought and built one, and made several minor improvements while doing so. It’s now for sale (though not advertised anywhere) as for him the pleasure is in the build and development process.

He’ll be selling it at a fair bit less than the built price from the factory. As a guide, I think he wants about £45k for it (approx).

8BD52223-490D-45A7-86C6-47B840D835D5.jpeg

• Like 1

That does look really nice.

I can’t imagine what the handling would be like on one of these, looks like it would be a handful to drive. Definitely fun though I reckon