• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Looking for my old SEiGHT - In Jersey or imported from Jersey

DMS

Greetings all. It's been a very long time since I posted on here but I'm looking to return to Westfield ownership and am looking for one of my old cars.

Back in 2002, I started to build a Megablade, cheered on / assisted by father. I'm a desk johnny and he was a clergyman so mechanical experience was limited. Suffice to say, rolling chassis stage was reached and little progress made beyond that point so I, rather strangely, donated the kit FOC to a more able friend and bought a factory built SEiGHT in BRG (registration J14457). This was delivered in December 2002 - cue much noise and fun. Unfortunately, due to a variety of circumstances, I parted company with the SEiGHT the following year.

My father died at the end of November last year and it has returned my mind to Westfield ownership particularly the vehicle we enjoyed together. Trouble is, I have no idea where it has ended up. I do not know as to whom it was sold after me other than it appears to have been bought by a trader at auction then sold on to a third owner. It is still registered here in Jersey but that is all I know. I haven't seen it on the roads for at least 15 years and I cannot find any record in local hill climbs, sprints etc. So either it is sitting in a shed collecting cobwebs or it has been exported off island.

So I thought I would reach out to the WSCC community to see if I could glean any information. If there are any local Jersey owners who might have come across the vehicle then I would be delighted to hear from you. Likewise, if anyone bought a SEiGHT that had previously been registered here then I would be keen to know!

Any help much appreciated.

• Like 2

Lovely story and I hope you can locate it, even if at  at least to know it still exists. Good luck with the search. 

Thanks, Richard. As you say, it would just be good to know one way or another!

It looks like it may still be with whoever bought it from the trader after yourselves.

IMG_0067.thumb.png.c3b593fe4a802ebc1a592d1c39222989.png

• Like 1

From that I conclude it most likely has been exported. since I doubt a trader would keep hold of a car for over 20 years. Checking the UK MOT status for it results in an invalid response ( ie reg number not recognised). Hope someone on here has further info then. 

Edit to add, @DMS, other than the reg number ( which now if it was exported will be different) , are there any unique  parts or mods on it that can help identify your old car? 

Thanks, guys.

I'm reading it as 3 owners in total - 2 previous plus current - which hopefully would be me, then trader, then current owner (whosoever and wheresoever they might be). I've spoken with the DVS (Jersey version of DVLA) who can only say the car remains active on their systems. But that simply means that the registration has not been returned to them which should have been done if it was transferred off island. All that can be said for definite is that it hasn't been scrapped locally which is one positive!

Unfortunately, I wasn't involved in the mechanics of the sale so have no idea who the trader was! One thought I had was to see whether Westfield still had details of the VIN (unlikely with all the changes there) but I've asked the question just in case. That might then give a lead as to whether it has been in the UK.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Edit to add, @DMS, other than the reg number ( which now if it was exported will be different) , are there any unique  parts or mods on it that can help identify your old car? 

No, it was completely standard as far as I am aware.DSCF0053.thumb.JPG.564f37a164f23a2eecebff73d628e161.JPG

• Like 2

Makes it a tad harder then, shame. Nice car and the same colour as mine once was...