Le Mans

Jan Coombes

I have been looking for a few places to buy travel tickets from, can any one beat, this.

Based on 2 people traveling leaving Friday am coming back Monday pm

£153 from EuroTunnel.com

£144 from intofrance.co.uk

£90 from intofrace.co.uk (ferry)

Does rather depend on where the ferries start from and terminate.

For example, a Dover-Calais ferry will leave you with 300 miles of driving to do each way. That'd be 2-3 tanks of fuel in a tin top, which adds around 160-200 quid.

If you go from Portsmouth or Newhaven to Caen, Le Harve, Cherbourg or Dieppe, (amd maybe St Malo, although I think the St Malo ferry leaves from Plymouth) the drive is shorter (around 100 miles from Caen to Le Mans) but the ferry's obviously cost more.

Add the tickets, food and accommodation (unless you're camping) and it'll reach about 300-400 quid per person quite easily. Makes the L7Club club trip a real bargain.......  :p

Hi

How much are tickets to get into the event itself then and do you need to book them in advance?

Got my accomadation sorted, just need to sort ferry and entrance.

Cheers

Barry

IIRC, entry tickets are around 50 quid. You get a discount if you are an ACO member. Obviously it costs more if you want a seat..........

The starting point for most Le Mans queries is

Le Mans.org, with Club Arnage coming a close second.

The ACO ticket office is here

A web search for "Le Mans" will return thousands of web sites, with all the info you could ever want......

I have available:

tickets for Portsmouth Cherbourg ferry for one car + 2 passengers + camping fees and entry to Le mans for £175 per person. Group of 3 cars, (out wednesday, back Monday) - cheap 5 day holiday with entertainment included!

I also have available the same but via chunnell for 450

also some very good accomodation if you don't fancy the camping - any takers?

More details on Surrey website

www.wscc.co.uk/area/surrey

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Yippeeeeee ..................... I done it  :D  :D  :D

Booked my ferry today for Le mans 2004  :D  :D  Portsmouth to Caen  :D  :D  not taking Westfield this year ........ done that in 95, 96 and 97  :D

Mobile tent can carry far more cheap booze .......... which I will be stopping off for on the way home on Monday arvo after the race  :D  :D  :D  :D

Jan"et" ............. I got my mobile tent (6.3m long x 2.65m high) booked in for £235 on the 3.5 hour rapid crossing ........... price seemed o.k ......... will save on fuel, travelling time and accommodation costs  :D  :D  ;)  more to spend on booze  :devil:  :D

No way Stuart ............ I ain't doing the 8 hours plodder  :D  :D far toooooooooo long ............ I'm booked in for the 3.5 hour rapid sailing with an engine rather than a sail  :D  :D  :devil:  :D  that's what you get for joining the WSCC (well that's a lie)  :D  :devil:

I leave for race on Thursday and travel back Monday  :D

Maybe see you there anyway. Although it doesn't look too hopeful for the Westie at the moment, too much to do and too little time - been waiting 2 weeks for a reply from SVA :-(

Stuart

:(

Tis an excellent trip to do in a Westfield - especially Friday morning around the circuit  :D  :D  ;)  Cars get a great reaction from the Froggies  :D  ;) and even invites to wedding receptions  ;)  ;)  :D

Going for comfort mode this year  :D  ;)

Mark

How do we get an invite to go round the circuit on the Friday morning??

A few of us are going from the Warwickshire area and it would be nice to have a chance to take part.

Phil

On Friday its open to "Joe Le Public"  :D  :D but you gotta be early cos the nutta's come out after lunch  :p  :durr:  :D You can drive down Mulsanne avoiding chicanes and up through arnage etc

Tis one of the best car displays ever along the Mulsanne  :D  :D