• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

CLOSED - C20XE Big Wing Sump

Kas

Looking for the big wing sump for the Vauxhall C20XE engine if anyone has one as don't fancy buying a brand new one.

Even better if you have a dip stick to go with it 

Sorry I don’t have one but I did got one in 2005 to my first Westie. Lasted about 200 miles before some road debris put a hole in it. 
I wouldn’t recommend for a Westie! Go for the SBD low sump. I never had a problem in over 8000 miles. 
Andy

Hi Andy, thanks as I've already got the SBD low sump fitted but speaking to my engine builder and he suggested looking at a big wing sump to hold more oil for track days and reduce oil starvation when cornering hard 

if you're running sticky tyres you properly need to go to a dry sump system.

• Like 1

Dry sump would be great but it's not that advanced yet as it's not a track car with sticky tyres but more of a daily with some Toyota R888R that will see a couple of track days hopefully. 

I wouldn’t recommend a bat wing sump. 

original install by VX would have the engine installed at an angle, ie not vertical. In a westie the engine is vertical. So the extra width of the bat wing gets it really close to the ground at one side viewed from front and better, probably close to the SBD sump on the right. 

The front face of the sump, again viewed from front, is almost double (from memory) that of SBD sump. As I said above, on road this is not advisable! Track you may get away with it but ride height still limited because of sump. 

I would say oil cooler possible for high power or turbo install. If std or on TB dry sump is the way forward 

Andy

Yeah I've had a better look at some pics of them and see what you mean with how big it is as that would cause serious issues with ground clearance. 

Think I better start saving up for a dry sump kit lol! 

• Like 1

• Kas changed the title to CLOSED - C20XE Big Wing Sump

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.