AA Recovery Renewal

AndrewBClarke

My tin top is a Range Rover so I need the best breakdown recovery and have found the AA to be the best in our area. 
The renewal quote based on a household of three was a staggering £526 up from £407 the previous year. 
Trying to cut costs and on the basis that only 2 in our household actually need cover, I phoned the AA. By removing one person, the cost went down to £421. Ok. About right proportion. 
Next I pleaded poverty. Immediately the price went down from £421 to £158 based on the same level of membership!! Paid immediately in case they noticed the mistake!!

• Haha 1

Got mine down from £169 to £140. Gold membership for me and my daughter. Worth paying for the Westfield. 

Phoned for renewal, went through all the rigmarole of security questions, on hold for 10mins. Sorted renewal then asked about European cover. On hold again for 20mins. Went through security questions again then questions about the car, towing, bike rack and roof box, last question was which countries I would be visiting. Ireland. 

The AA have an agreement with the Irish AA and I had the same cover for free.

35 minutes for nothing. Shouldn't the first question be which country?

I’ve been with Britannia Rescue for years.

£150 per year which covers me and Dawn as drivers or passengers in any vehicle and additionally 1 named vehicle on the policy for any driver. This includes home assist and recovery to any U.K. destination.

I’ve had the need to use them a couple of times in the last couple of years (once with a trailer) and they’ve been faultless.

• Thanks 1

Have a look at AutoAid.

Great price and fantastic service.

• Thanks 1

Wasn’t really looking for alternatives. Over the years I have tried almost all of the recovery services. Around here the AA has been the best. It was the reduction in price that I highlighted.