Blyton entry list

The last time I looked Longton didn't have the entry list online. I am just wondering if anyone has a link to it (as they did for Anglesey)

I have asked the organisers and they said that its not public yet. They are busy organising the Isle of Man Manx classic for next weekend so perhaps when that is out of the way they will put something up. Also, Gavin who I believe would normally do this, has just lost his father and not doing any of his normal club duties at the moment which may impact it.

• Like 1

Frankly I expect a certain standard of information for my money. Longton are not providing an acceptable service.

On 21/04/2024 at 17:49, Richard Houlgate said:

Frankly I expect a certain standard of information for my money. Longton are not providing an acceptable service.

Entries are open. An online entry list is not a necessity. Many events only provide an entry list when the Final instructions are issued.

• Like 2

When I first started competing with the VSCC 25 years ago I never knew more than 10 days before the event if I had an entry. Fortunately things have moved on and the greater majority of clubs confirm the entry within a few days giving me the chance to organise myself.

So far I have a receipt for my payment for the Blyton sprint, so I assume I have an entry.

I had a talk with David Taylor about this at Anglesey and he took the time to explain the situation which I can understand to a certain extent. But I would have thought a club that is run as professionally as Longton would not have fallen into the trap of being dependant on one individual, and even if they had, would have recovered by now. 

I'm looking forward to the sprint, the best part of it is at 6.30am walking the track and seeing and hearing all the sky larks, I have never seen so many in one place.

• Like 2