What have you seen today?

Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset

Just out and about yesterday in the TToS, actually to and from Yeovil hospital and on the way I saw a green and ali Caterham. Heading home, there was a lovely red (of course) Testarossa (1980s vintage, not the original). I was able to follow it for a little while; not seen one for ages and it brought back memories of when I used to have a poster on my wall as a teen, along with the obligatory Countach.

So, seen anything nice or unusual whilst out and about?

• Like 1

A white morgan v8 going through Tavistock on my way to Princetown, driver had the obligatory baseball cap on!

• Like 1

There’s one of these in my neighborhood and anyone who’s seen the film Christine will understand why it creeps me out every time I see it go by:

IMG_1159.jpeg

• Like 4

Followed a McLaren P1 earlier, lovely thing. Then it turned off into Asda and I’ve spent the afternoon wondering how he got on with the horrendous speed bumps they’ve got in that car park 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Just out and about yesterday in the TToS, actually to and from Yeovil hospital and on the way I saw a green and ali Caterham. Heading home, there was a lovely red (of course) Testarossa (1980s vintage, not the original). I was able to follow it for a little while; not seen one for ages and it brought back memories of when I used to have a poster on my wall as a teen, along with the obligatory Countach.

Saw the predecessor to the Testarossa at Donington a couple of weeks ago, it was one of my dream cars as a kid and not seen one in years!

20240319_131351.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

Saw the predecessor to the Testarossa at Donington a couple of weeks ago, it was one of my dream cars as a kid and not seen one in years!

20240319_131351.jpg

512BB?

34 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

512BB?

Looks like it. Just been googling how to tell it apart from the 365 GT4 BB, I think the front spoiler shows it’s a 512 but not totally sure. Both lovely of course.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

512BB?

It sure is, sounded glorious!

• Like 1

Yes front spoiler, naca ducts, (and if we could see the rear) 4 exhaust pipes and 4 rear lights would set it out as a 512, the early 365s had 6 rear lights and 6 exhaust tailpipes, what could be cooler!!??   :)

• Thanks 1

Parked up for a coffee at Bodnant gardens near Conwy. Next to me was this beauty, LD Integrale. 

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Hafod said:

Parked up for a coffee at Bodnant gardens near Conwy. Next to me was this beauty, LD Integrale. 

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

Very nice 👌

On 13/04/2024 at 16:41, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Countach v Westfield - is my memory muddled? 
I think back in the 80’s maybe early 90’s there was an article of a Westfield being put up against a Countach - with Westy being in front up to 100mph 

is that right or am I gooin mad? 
if it’s right anyone flogging the article? 

Spotted this on the way home last night, looked it up and it is a CSR260, seems a very nice spec.

IMG_7929.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset said:

Spotted this on the way home last night, looked it up and it is a CSR260, seems a very nice spec.

IMG_7929.jpeg

Don't see many of those these days. A very good Caterham.  More than 450bhp/tonne and handles superbly. Could apparently outperform an R500 on the road! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1