Live Online Rock Concert

stephenh

Ok, this is a shameless plug, but as it is for my Grandson I don't mind admitting it.

Brief background, my 21 yr. old grandson is in his final year at Liverpool University, studying music. He pays various instruments and even sings, but his favourite is bass guitar. He's just been invited to become a regular member of a local (Liverpool) band who he has guested with several times before, called Sukis. Last week they played at The Cavern Club, and now they have signed up to do a live online concert via VierLive, which I think is a Norwegian organisation which aims to give new and young bands an online "stage". 

It costs £10 to sign up for the concert, but having done so you can then play it as often as you like I think. So the link if anyone is interested is: https://vier.live/act/an-intimate-performance-with-the-sukis-

If you want to watch live, it is on from 8.00pm tomorrow evening, but you need to register and pay your £10 in advance, of course.

No money back guarantees if you don't like it!! But the old band (before Freddie joined as the cool dude on bass) did several utube clips of their music which you can find if you Google Sukis. Don't be surprised that it then mentions the band being Hertfordshire based, it is the same band, they just moved up to Liverpool not very long ago.

• Like 1

Just listened to a couple of their tracks on YouTube - they are pretty good, I like the sound! Fingers crossed someone picks them up and signs them - wish them well.

Nowt wrong with music shares, so no shamelessness!

Thumbs up from me 😊👍

Spotify ' The Sukis ' here 

Yes David, that's the band, pictures before my Grandson Freddie joined of course, in fact recent pictures of the group only show 3 members at present, they being the ones who moved up to Liverpool recently. The band creator is I think now a Lecturer in Liverpool and another is a student. I don't think the original bass player came up to Liverpool, hence they were on the lookout when they came across Freddie playing as a guest with various groups based around the Liverpool student scene.

Freddie plays all guitars, and sings, but I think Suki's mainly want him as a bass player.

My daughter and family went up to Liverpool last week to see them play in The Cavern Club. They said it was very good but VERY loud, so I'm looking forward to watching/listening tomorrow via my computer where I can control the sound level!

• Like 1