Mallory Park Speed Series - Sunday 24th March

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

We have a number of the WSCC Speed Series guys in action at Mallory Park on Sunday so we will be going along to spectate and cheer them on!

Assuming the weather is kind we will get the cars out and meet at the Ashby de la Zouch KFC/Starbucks services (LE65 1JP) for a 9am departure, aiming to land at Mallory about 930am. If the weather isn't Westfield friendly, we will going in the tin tops 👍

Alternatively, you can just meet us at Mallory.

Oh, and spectators are free! If you park overlooking the pit straight you will be able to cross the circuit on foot via the bridge and get into the paddock to see the drivers and cars 👍

• Like 5

We hope to be going to this .. not sure if we will make the rendezvous but hope to get to mallory *first run out in new toy.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2024 at 14:46, joolz said:

We hope to be going to this .. not sure if we will make the rendezvous but hope to get to mallory *first run out in new toy.

That's great!

If you meet us there, give me a call on the mobile (07920 183679) when you arrive 👍

• Like 1

With the Speed Series having some local events this year, I had been really keen to make sure we show our support and get some members along to watch. Hopefully, some of our enthusiast spectators will turn into competitors!

Amazingly through the day, excluding the guys competing, I counted 8 cars and about 20 members (plus partners, friends and family) spectating. 

20240324_085336.jpg

Lee had come across from Lichfield and joined by two new local members Martin and Julian (with partner Clare) in their respective cars.

Martin had only joined last night and Julian about 6 weeks ago, really good to meet you 👍

Word had also got out to our friends at Burton Car Club so we also had two Ferrari replicas and a stunning Mclaren 570.

20240324_085901.jpg

A quick 20 min convoy and we landed at Mallory where we were joined by Nick (in his new Striker) and then Dale shortly after. Alex, Hedley and Tony had come in their tintops, and Ben had turned up in the VW Caddy so he could bring his cute grandson Hunter (what a great name! 😂).@Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AOalso joined us after lunch

20240324_094949.jpg

James's lovely Mazda engined car

20240324_124648.jpg

Del's TR6

20240324_125030.jpg

Wandering the paddock we bumped into more and more members like Neal and Dave who we hadn't seen since our last Huggys meet. We also met Dan and Del while admiring John Loudon's Force TA.

20240324_123047.jpg

Some more amazing machinery in the paddock 😍

20240324_122521.jpg

20240324_100945.jpg

20240324_121312.jpg

20240324_110947.jpg

20240324_100057.jpg

20240324_101508.jpg

20240324_100833.jpg

20240324_100818.jpg

A fantastic day all round, I'm definitely fancying a go at it myself!

• Like 6

I got over there as well, with Mrs H., just to say hello to some of my old speed series mates. Sadly Howard's clutch packed up, but not until he'd put in a good T1 time.

Very cold tho',so we left after the timed run following lunch.

• Like 2

Mrs J and I very much enjoyed the meet up and drive over. Had a good chat with fellow newbie Martin which was great.  We left around 2-30 as it was bitterly cold !

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, joolz said:

Mrs J and I very much enjoyed the meet up and drive over. Had a good chat with fellow newbie Martin which was great.  We left around 2-30 as it was bitterly cold !

Was great to meet you both. I did try and find you before I left but you were hiding somewhere 😂

13 hours ago, stephenh said:

Sadly Howard's clutch packed up, but not until he'd put in a good T1 time.

Traced this morning to a loose hose connection on the concentric slave cylinder.  Engine out job, or at least forward, in order to get a spanner on it.  At least I've not got to get parts in in a hurry in time for Anglesey.

Had a lovely day despite the setback.  It was lovely to meet old Westfielding friends and new.  Also had friends from outside of the community visiting which was a bonus so it was a really sociable day.  Will probably do the June event as well, as I'd like to get a few more laps in next time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Evening all , it was great meeting you all on Sunday. You made me feel very welcome and I’m looking forward to the next meet up. 
See you soon,

Martin

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Martpoll said:

Evening all , it was great meeting you all on Sunday. You made me feel very welcome and I’m looking forward to the next meet up. 
See you soon,

Martin

Great to meet you too, see you on the next one! 👍

Some professional footage!