Red Letter Days

minghis

Have a care if you receive a Red Letter Day gift - I had one for Xmas, a gift to the value of £200 which is exactly what it cost Mrs Minghis.

I called them to find out about one of the experiences available (off road driving day) and armed with the details I thought it would be wise to contact the activity venue direct, just in case........

The  exact same experience booked direct with the venue costs £141!

Minghis.

Check the physical restrictions too.

I received a voucher for an hours flight in a Tiger Moth for my fortieth, only to find out that I was too heavy !

Switched it however to Off-Road Day at Northolt (not known for its rugged terrain - although the kerbs can be as high as 4 inches) which was brilliant - virtually learning to drive all over again, forget your instincts.

Can vouch for your findings though - search on the net through the off road driving association and you will find plenty of reputable oerators offering various packages much more competitivley than the retailers.

I received a voucher for an hours flight in a Tiger Moth for my fortieth, only to find out that I was too heavy !

where was this?  we gave one to my dad and he's about 16 stone  :0

where was this?  we gave one to my dad and he's about 16 stone  :0

:D  :D

You haven't seen Chris..... :devil:  :devil:

I had a Ferrari experiance through work at Silverstone. for around £300 IIRC you got a 45min talk, 3 laps in a Proton GTI (very good car) 3 laps in an Elise and finally 3 laps in A Ferrari 328 gtb. The three laps were one out one fast and one in. Total rip off as you couldn't really hammer it as all three types of car were out at the same time with drivers of very limited ability. You also got one hot lap with a pro driver who really just threw the cars sideways to try to scare you. My instructer in the Ferrari once he found out I had a Westfield give away drivers gloves boots and own helmet said "you'll hate this car its crap" how right he was. Proper trackdays with instructions in your own car are cheaper and more rewarding.