dream machines

steve wilson

Did you see it tonight. Thats a really nice colour but i cant believe how much it costs

Missed it, what was up for grabs this week. I phoned in for the Aston the other week, even made sure i was not on the net on Sunday  :sheep:

Missed it, what was up for grabs this week.

:0 .....Pilgrim Sumo; built to the same spec as Mark Evan's car in a "Car is born". Pity they couldn't have used one of the better Cobra variants like the DAX and while they were at it they should have got shot of the obligatory screeching female presenter.

What does AC stand for...

:cool: ....at the Automobile Show staged at Crystal Palace in January 1903, Weller Bros. Ltd exhibited both a 10 H.P. and a 20 H.P. Weller Touring Car. Within a year, it was decided to go into production with a three wheel commercial vehicle, the 'AutoCarrier' (from which the 'AC' name was derived) and thus in 1904 the business became Autocars and Accessories Ltd. The AutoCarrier was a great success and initial purchasers included Boots the Chemist, Selfridges, Associated Newspapers, Carr's Biscuits and Great Western Railway as well as many others. By 1909, the name had become Autocarriers Ltd and the logo that we know today was being used. In 1911 the company moved to the famous premises in Thames Ditton.

Personally I didn't think the paint job went that well on the car.  Should have stuck with the classic dark blue with ****e stripes IMO.

Didn't see the whole program - was it a brand new engine they stuck in it?  How much does a new 5.7 litre V8 cost anyway?

How much does a new 5.7 litre V8 cost anyway?

Depends where you get it from, but you can buy a fully dressed Chevy or Ford V8 here for less than $3,000.  They're called "Crate" engines, i.e. they come in a crate ready to be installed.

They're all recon jobs, and some are better than others, but good ole Merkin muscle is pretty darn cheap !!  :D

How much does a new 5.7 litre V8 cost anyway

:0 ....if my capricious memory serves me well, I think Pilgrim are punting their dressed 5.7 litre jobbies out for about £6000+Drat