Gold Cup_Oulton Park Fri 26-Sun28 July 2024

Greenstreak-Andy D

Thanks John hoping to see you guys there.

I just submitted , what a palava !  Hope to see you all there this is a great venue 

I'll be there, but for work. If I have any spare time, I'll pop on over to the stand to say my hellos!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Club registration closes on the 22nd July. If you want to put your Westie on the club stand then don’t miss out.

Tickets are half price too.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen elsewhere (NWKCOG)- 

image.png.4b55ea860598bc640ffada89a54b5323.png

Gotta say guys it sounds interesting and is obviously popular but after reading all the posts I still have no idea what this event actually is!

So for others like me who have never been or even heard of it, here's a link to the info....

https://www.oultonpark.co.uk/2024/july/gold-cup

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Gotta say guys it sounds interesting and is obviously popular but after reading all the posts I still have no idea what this event actually is!

The original poster @Greenstreak-Andy D wrongly assumed all would know all about this great event which doesn't help attract new comers to the event. Hence Hopefully next year, he'll advertise is better 😉

For me personally 'the gloss' has gone off the event as it was originally free for as many kits for the whole weekend and now it's paid and limited in numbers for car clubs.

45 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

So for others like me who have never been or even heard of it, here's a link to the info....

https://www.oultonpark.co.uk/2024/july/gold-cup

Thanks for sharing a good idea.

• Thanks 1

More info on the events calendar below and in current WW mag 👍

• Like 1

Just a heads up ! 

Anyone who intends buying a programme for the event £6 online with voucher from OP websight or £8 on the day 

• Like 1

Our Westfield stand is B3.

The gazebo and refreshments will be available all of Saturday and Sunday. Whippies and banners welcome if you have one. And don’t forget a comfy chair.

• Like 3

Good evening John and co,

I booked my tickets a few days after reading about it in the Spring edition of Westfield World (couldn't resist the magazine 'plug'). As far as I know I'm the only one from Devon and Somerset area going and have booked accommodation (Wincham Hall Hotel - no weddings on thank goodness) about 30 minutes from the circuit. I've been wanting to go to the Gold Cup for a while - a shame the club location has been moved and yes, no longer free, but at £21 I think it still represents good value. There are a few members on this thread I recognise, so looking forward to seeing you again and meeting others I have yet to meet! Fingers crossed the weather and traffic gods are kind. I'm driving up on the Friday through South Wales, Herefordshire and Cheshire avoiding the M5/M6. It's a 6.5 hour drive for me! Safe journeys everyone and see you on Saturday morning, best wishes, Gareth HD

• Like 4

PS. Andy Dowler (Greenstreak) I have your phone number. John could I have yours as well just in case I get lost???!!! Cheers.

Hi Gareth,

Looking forward to a great weekend. That’s a long trip but I’m sure it will be worth it.

John.

07921 164310.

2 hours ago, John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO said:

Hi Gareth,

Looking forward to a great weekend. That’s a long trip but I’m sure it will be worth it.

John.

07921 164310.

Thank you John - fingers crossed for a dry w/e!

22 hours ago, GarethHD said:

PS. Andy Dowler (Greenstreak) I have your phone number. John could I have yours as well just in case I get lost???!!! Cheers.

Will be good to see you Gareth. It’s been a while. Aiming for Sunday. 
Till then

Andy