Performance figures for Westies

Dracoro

Matt 4.37 sec to 60 v.impressed .i'm building an seiw with 230 bhp 2ltr vx on throttle bodies and i'm hoping for low 4 sec 0 to 60 times myself.i've always had a fascination/fettish for 0 to 60 times  :D

That engine been bench tested Mud?  ;)

Leon the engine isnt fitted yet but has just come off the dynomometer (dodgy spelling) having been fully mapped using an MBE system with jenvey tb's .when i get a printout of the torque curve i'll post it on the site.

Hey Mud,  if you want a really good 0-60 time, forget all the go faster goodies, just put a 4.1 ratio in your Diff ........

The other good thing is you will never get done for speeding. :p

tigger i've got a 3.62 lsd to fit and i'm currently struggling with gearbox ratios for the best performance .has anybody got any ideas or want to swap my mt75 compatable 3.62 lsd for anything lower/more suitable for a type 9 with vx power.

cheers martin

Matt 4.37 sec to 60 v.impressed .i'm building an seiw with 230 bhp 2ltr vx on throttle bodies and i'm hoping for low 4 sec 0 to 60 times myself.i've always had a fascination/fettish for 0 to 60 times  :D

Thanks Mud that was a good run I normaly only get 4.5ish to 60  :D . Still better than a Ferrari 355  :D  oh if only I had the money though  :p

For a better indication of performance you really need to look at 1/4 miles times IMO, esp. if you're thinking of traffic light racing.

Have a look at Ian Crocker's site:

www.seight.com

click on the Performance link.

cheers

Mike

Mine is one of the faster cars on Ians site - see the name Alex Thorogood for my car - I would suggest the fastest times will be done with nitrous / slicks and an amount of silliness! Tyres are really the limiting factor.

CW

cant tell you my 0-60 times as my car looks fast sounds fast and scares the s**t out of me so my eyes are allways closed when pulling away  :p  :p  :p  :p

when i stop getting scared ill worry about the times then  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: