0-60

wrightster

Flippin' eck Paul, you havent even picked it up yet  ;)

Believe me it will be quick enough for now  :0

just dont try and overtake the whole world in one go  :t-up:

first thing to do when buying a westie, open throttle wide open and feel those rears spin :D

i picked mine up in romford to drive up to newcastle, left a bit of space on the m25, dropped down to fourth, floored it.   :D  :D

except it was raining.  and the throttle stuck open. :durr:

fortunately caught the ensuing moment and managed to cut the ignition.

then popped in to my folks in stansted to show them my new toy.  watched my father spin it trying to turn onto the road he lives on.  :arse:

buy the time i got to newcastle it was snowing, so started to play :0

spent the next six months terrified of the car  :(

but i learnt

OiOi

(220bhp/550kg aeroscreened - 0-60 4.5 - 5 seconds? theoretical cos all i do is spin the rears)

Safety tip: these cars are great, but just remember accidents in normal cars hurt. In a Westfield its just like an accident on a motor bike with 4 wheels... get my drift. Not trying to spoil your fun or critise your driving. I would'nt want u denting your pride and destroyting your car :(  its happened in the passed, don 't let it happen to u (god, I almost sound grown up!;)

Enjoy and welcome to the land of the living :D

Buzz :(

P.S if anybody offers u a really sexy 12" doll with blonde hair email me she's been kid knapped :blush:

Cheers Buzz, just wondered about the 0-60 i will be taking it very easy at 1st especially after last sunday (some tw**) writing of my road car !! cant wait to get it though !!  :D

(i might look like a bit of a monkey, but i am not daft  :)  )

Well done Wrightster, Hurdsey told me all about it. glad you've found what you were looking for :D take it easy, get used to it, it aint like any saloon car you've driven before and needs a bit of respect, look forward to seeing it at the next meeting ;)

Just check a Westfield brochure they claim 5.4 sec to 60 but I have always found these figures to be a ott

Just check a Westfield brochure they claim 5.4 sec to 60 but I have always found these figures to be a ott

I agree with you Matt, I would add about half to one second to their published 0-60 times.

My standard SEiGHT will do 0-60 in a best time of 4.98 seconds (measured with a calibrated AP22 Performance Meter), Westfield claim 4.3 in their literature.  

I've done an awful lot of 0-60 runs on different surfaces, starting in 1st, 2nd, etc - but can never get near their published time, and 0.7 secs is an awful lot of time to make up.

The only way I could see this being achieved is with much stickier rear tyres than the ones they supplied with my factory built car and/or a different diff, that negates the need for a change into third gear at 50mph !

Jon

Look forward to seeing it at the next week (maybe even Elvington if you come)

I personally think 0-60 times are a bit of a misleading guide and car companies tune gearing to make the majic 60 before a gearchange.

They will also sacrifice a gearbox/engine or two in the search of the ultimate 0-60 figure. :(

I`ve not had many traffic grand prix`s with exotica, but have (on a private test track of course  ;) ) played with some whilst on the move, my standard vx on 45`s (approx 180bhp) will sit with the latest spec 911`s (alleged 0-60 5.2 secs) from 60 to 120 (they were toast under braking and cornering obviously).

There was even a 911 turbo once, but I`ll save that story for the pub  :0  :t-up:

Just enjoy it for now :love: and try to get used to the power before upgradeitus sets in   ???  :D  :D  

Cheers

Karl