Theory driving test

jaykay42

Evening all

It's time to get my middle son ready for his theory driving test.

Now, it's been a few years since I passed mine and everyone was driving on the other side of the road, too - measuring stopping distances in metres and not having a clue of mph - how quaint, I know.

So, which material can you recommend for me to use with him?

Being the modern world, maybe an app rather than a paper book is likely to see more use...

Any tried and tested suggestions?

Thank you, all.

Jens

A good mate who is an instructor, tells his clients to watch stuff on YouTube, in between lesson's, never seen whats there about it, but other than still having to buy a highway code book, it's called something else today I think, but same thing. I can contact him and ask whats about in 2023 if you want for the online generation. I keep meaning to ask him to take me out , just to see if I would pass again today, chickened out so far, lol...

ETA, yeah a fair amount on there - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=passing+the+car+theory+test

This looks a good one, many more like it though.

• Thanks 1

Hi Richard

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, please do ask him - that would be very helpful.

I did have a Google search and read a few websites - don't mind paying my 4.99 or 9.99 if I can be confident that the material is good.

Thank you 

Beat you to it, the joys of whatsapp, lol. He works odd hours ( for obvious reasons) , ah as I was typing he got back to me hang on,

"Hi Rich.  I usually recommend the DVSA app. It's about £4.99. There are a few cheaper ones or even some for free. But the DVSA are the governing body who do the tests. So all the questions are on there app.and the hazard perception clips."

ETA

More on the app - "The app is very good. You can do mock tests and it explains the answers if you get them wrong. You have 50 questions on your test and have to get 43 to pass. There are 1200 questions to pick from on that app.Then on the hazard perception test there are 14 clips each clip is marked out 5 points on that you have to get 44 points out of 72..you have to pass both tests on the day for a overall pass."

• Like 2

He has just said, he is at 3 sisters tomorrow working for a blind charity, I didn't even know that was a "thing". Teaching them to get around the track, not sure if thats at speed or not, but still.

Hi!

Thanks all!

Not sure who is braver: the blind driver or the sighted passenger with a blind pilot.

Awesome in both cases, I reckon!

Just now, jaykay42 said:

Hi!

Thanks all!

Not sure who is braver: the blind driver or the sighted passenger with a blind pilot.

Awesome in both cases, I reckon!

I can't shut him up now , bit like me, lol.

"A lot of the blind people bring there familys along . The Porsche uk club and jag club and  a few rally cars come to do passenger fast laps for them. The best part is we have the track to our shelves from 9.30 to 10.00.to practice  our sight lines and braking points. And when the day is over at about 3.00. The  manager give us free range of the track . But he does say don't do anything think to stupid.ha ha. Has there are no marshal  then.  Just hope the weather is ok.which I think it is."

• Haha 1