Surrey Area

Martin Hewes AO Surrey

Hi Everyone,

We used to have a Christmas gathering in previous years and I wanted to gauge enthusiasm for one this year. Tin tops allowed, meet at a pub, grab a drink and some food, have a chat etc....

Depending who's in, we could go somewhere close to public transport and indulge in some mulled wine 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin - I’m up for this, especially if we can find somewhere close to public transport!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy New Year All, The Weather this Sunday looks promising and its the second Sunday of the month so there are possible car meets at the Black Swan Ockham or Pineridge Golf Club Bagshot. I'm not around in the morning but should be free in mid afternoon if anyone fancies meeting at a cafe somewhere, Box Hill for example?

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all, looks like I got my dates wrong and both the bagshot and Ockham car meets are tomorrow! Forecast looks cold though! 🥶

Little bit of news with a new meet up location not far from the Surrey borders:

Meon Hut to be Caffeine and Machine latest venue

Is on the junction of some lovely blatting roads, although it's surrounded by average speed cameras which also have noise sensors. Is 10 minutes from my house so I'll need to work out some new scenic routes there. 

Area is very popular with bikers as there's Loomie's cafe the other side of the junction. There's also a BP garage on the junction as well.

• Like 3

Fantastic location! I hadn’t realised the cameras down there also had noise sensors ☹️

17 minutes ago, SteveB21 said:

I hadn’t realised the cameras done there also had noise sensors

Yeah, according to our local police commissioner, the locals have got a bit fed up with bikes with race pipes hooning around the "Meon TT" at all hours.

Aha - don't blame them - I think I would get a bit fed up too!

• 4 weeks later...

Missed all this, because I got logged out. We are around this weekend at the moment, if there are any plans?

Hi Holly, 

nothing planned as yet but it is second Sunday of the month so we have the classic car meets at Ockham or Bagshot in the morning. Weather looks dry but cold. 

cheers

martin

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Afternoon all, I'm planning to try to get to both local car meets Sunday morning. Ockham first then over to Bagshot if anyone wants to tag along or plans to go to either.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian, is that at the hut?