Surrey Area

Martin Hewes AO Surrey

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I can’t do this Tuesday but Thursday 24th Aug. works for me. 👍

cheers 

Hi All,

Apologies for not being more organised but the weekend was busy; wife's birthday, wedding anniversary, football, motogp, taxi driver. Then a full day up in London yesterday with work.

We've got a few people around this week and I was thinking of venturing Dorking / Reigate way as thats middle ground for most respondents. I was thinking about this place, https://www.pheasantatbuckland.co.uk/ ?

Ian, I know you mentioned you couldn't make tonight but Thursday was ok? The weather gods might not agree sadly. Wet in the morning and a chance of rain most of the day but tomorrow evening looks lovely. Any chance you can make tomorrow as we'll be quite local to you?

So shall we say about 7pm again?

cheers

Martin 

Hi Martin, 

Sorry change of plan, I can now do a quick run out tonight but not Thursday night.  

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sat enjoying a lazy Sunday morning feeling guilty that I’m not out enjoying the car in the sunshine. But we’ve got a big family do at lunchtime and disappearing wouldn’t make me popular 🤣

the weather looks good this week so I was wondering if we could squeeze an evening meet up in? Tuesday/ Wednesday/Thursday? All those interested say aye and I’ll try to find a central location again. 

the pheasant was extremely busy last time and I managed to get the last free spot in the car park - the one nobody else thinks is usable😁 so we might have to go a bit more off the beaten track. 

cheers

Martin

Hello @Martin Hewes AO Surrey.

I’m based in Surbiton. 2004 SEiW with some recent upgrades.

I was actually out for a solo run to Newlands Corner on Tuesday. If only I’d checked the forum earlier, I would have joined you all!

Am following this thread now, so hopefully see you all sometime soon.

If there’s a WhatsApp, let me know! I’ll drop you a message to you mobile too.

Cheers

PhilipIMG_0284.thumb.jpeg.ee996da600119db3285dcc693089bd09.jpeg

• Like 1

I've obtained a pass to attend 🙂 but will be there early and won't stay too long as my wife has another car show to attend later in the day and I need to take over on child herding. 

How two petrol-heads managed to create a child that REALLY doesn't like car shows is an eternal mystery.....

• Haha 2

I’m still in negotiations. I also need to put some kms in on the bike as I’m going to Mallorca in a month, so I’ve got tomorrow to choose and discuss! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Weather forecast looks favourable for the weekend!! I've just had my car MOT'd. Usual unnecessary fight over emissions so have just had to re tune the carbs which is annoying.

Anyway, its Autumn motorsport day at Brooklands on Sunday which is a good event and I'm hoping to get a go up the test hill again.

So I was wondering if anyone fancied meeting up for a coffee Saturday morning somewhere convenient?    

Hi Martin - sorry but not around this weekend. Making use of this fine weather by heading off cycling for a few days!

Hi Martin, 

I’m able to catch up late morning on Saturday and I’m interested in the Brooklands event on Sunday.  I would probably aim to get to this for 9am as I need to leave around 11:30am.

The Brooklands website isn’t very clear on the events?  I like the idea of having a go on test hill.

it might be worth putting the word out on WhatsApp.

cheers

Ian