Run-out Bristol/West Country area tomorrow morning to Sweets Tea Rooms via the Mendips and Cheddar Gorge

Flying Carrot Steve

I've organised a small blat to this event held by Apple County Kit Car Club tomorrow morning.

So far 3 of us going but as well as posting it here it'll be posted on the KitNet forum. 

I'm leaving Yate BS37 at 8.00am, hopefully meeting a mate at Miety Stone Ltd around 8.45am if he survives the St Pauls Carnival party today and then we are rendezvousing with Rory from WSCC Bristol and Bath WhatsApp group at New Manor Farm shop at 9.00am then on via Cheddar Gorge where we will stop for pics then on to Sweets with an ETA before the 10.00am starting time. Good brekkies served there and given the weather there should be a few APKCC members there too.

If anyone else wants to tag along just let me know.

This is the full route atm

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RjUbyaksWJMdj8DKA

• Like 1

• Flying Carrot Steve changed the title to Run-out Bristol/West Country area tomorrow morning to Sweets Tea Rooms via the Mendips and Cheddar Gorge
21 minutes ago, Paul Baker said:

Well done for organising Steve, looking forward to it

Me too! Let's hope it all goes without a hitch. Oh and not too many MAMILs en route 😂

• Haha 1

All the weather apps are showing perfect kit car weather, dry, sunny and not too hot - perfecto! That is probably also perfect MAMIL weather though 😂

Thank you all for organising and sharing.

I'm afraid I'm already busy tomorrow - have a great time!

• Like 1

Looks like 5 of us now! Plus the guys we meet there, I can see this being a 10 to 15 car meet!

47 minutes ago, jaykay42 said:

Thank you all for organising and sharing.

I'm afraid I'm already busy tomorrow - have a great time!

There will always be another time @jaykay42 in fact if the weather is good I think we should do it again in August, it's such a good little blat this one

• Thanks 1

Great drive and meet up this morning. Nice run down to Cheddar Gorge and then on to Sweets Tea Rooms for a decent breakfast. Nice to see a real mix of kits on show 

20230702_092617.thumb.jpg.e227060dc74705c2237ac0ec1792f81f.jpg

20230702_105456.thumb.jpg.c64e820f3f98928c1ebc5529a7f0f92d.jpg

The westies were joined on the run down by a GBS Zero and a V-Storm, and at Sweets we found a nice Marlin and a Spartan amongst others. I loved the interesting mirrors on the Spartan:

20230702_113026.thumb.jpg.3fe6d5f56988d890b392cc2b84752dd0.jpg

• Like 1

I was with Paul and co. Nice day out, great cars, good mates but tbh bl**** awful road surfaces. I wish they'd spend some money on them! Weather pretty much stayed dry for us. Next one I hope to organise will be up into the Cotswolds, Tetbury, Cirencester, Stow on the Wold, Bourton on the Water and hopefully Fish Hill. May give Clarkson's farm a drive-by buzz too 😂

I guarantee you better and faster roads next time lads!

Screenshot_20230702_143553_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_143544_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_143622_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_143602_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Agree on some of those road surfaces!
I was tiptoeing down one of the lanes heading back home - smooth tarmac is always preferred, especially after a full english breakfast 🤪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Baker said:

Agree on some of those road surfaces!
I was tiptoeing down one of the lanes heading back home - smooth tarmac is always preferred, especially after a full english breakfast 🤪

Yep I bottomed out more than once. At least not many cyclists this time though 👍

35 minutes ago, Paul Baker said:

Great drive and meet up this morning. Nice run down to Cheddar Gorge and then on to Sweets Tea Rooms for a decent breakfast. Nice to see a real mix of kits on show 

20230702_092617.thumb.jpg.e227060dc74705c2237ac0ec1792f81f.jpg

20230702_105456.thumb.jpg.c64e820f3f98928c1ebc5529a7f0f92d.jpg

The westies were joined on the run down by a GBS Zero and a V-Storm, and at Sweets we found a nice Marlin and a Spartan amongst others. I loved the interesting mirrors on the Spartan:

20230702_113026.thumb.jpg.3fe6d5f56988d890b392cc2b84752dd0.jpg

Excellent write-up Paul, thanks for coming, same goes to Damo, Rory and Andrew. Good to see you all. Keep your eyes and ears open for the next blat!