Track Day Insurance

Hafod

Hi forum, 

I have my first track day in Anglesey in July but my AIB insurance excludes track days. I’ll give them a ring but does anyone have advice on getting track day insurace - standalone insurance or as an amendment to my existing policy.

thanks

2 hours ago, Hafod said:

Hi forum, 

I have my first track day in Anglesey in July but my AIB insurance excludes track days. I’ll give them a ring but does anyone have advice on getting track day insurace - standalone insurance or as an amendment to my existing policy.

thanks

A-Plan do 1 day track day cover (as do others), expect to pay around £100 depending on the value of your car.

I changed my policy to include 5 track days per year as its far more cost effective. I just ring A-Plan a few days before and I'm covered 👍

• Like 1

I’ve used A-Plan for the last couple of years with my Westfield and previously with other cars too, always had a decent experience so would recommend them. Last year I did individual track day covers with them and this year I’ve got their 5-trackday deal. 

Worth a chat with them I’d say 

• Like 1

Pardon my aside, but in my track daying years I never bothered 'cos the XS was something like £10k. Has that changed? 

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Pardon my aside, but in my track daying years I never bothered 'cos the XS was something like £10k. Has that changed? 

I think mine is a 10% excess from memory 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

I think mine is a 10% excess from memory 

Sounds about right

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Adrian flux/trinity and I pay £170 with 5 days included. The track XS is £1k and £500 on the road I just let them know when I'm on one.

The only thing I would say is I have done it now for at least 4 years and when I started out with them it was more like £260 (which was expensive back then). It seems the longer it's gone on the more comfortable they are with it. No one can get near the price now with track included. I'm not saying that will be the case for everyone but that's my experience with track cover  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/06/2023 at 19:56, Paul Baker said:

I’ve used A-Plan for the last couple of years with my Westfield and previously with other cars too, always had a decent experience so would recommend them. Last year I did individual track day covers with them and this year I’ve got their 5-trackday deal. 

Worth a chat with them I’d say 

How much was the 5 track day deal on top of your normal premium Paul?

I've just renewed with A-Plan for the second year, which includes 5 track days, yes mine was round £200 for the 5 track days

16 minutes ago, KevanP said:

I've just renewed with A-Plan for the second year, which includes 5 track days, yes mine was round £200 for the 5 track days

Is that £200 all-in including 5 track days? If so that's excellent value!

4 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Is that £200 all-in including 5 track days? If so that's excellent value!

No afraid not, total was a tad over £300 which included 5 track days insurance. I estimated the 5 track days were ~£200 of the £300+

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KevanP said:

No afraid not, total was a tad over £300 which included 5 track days insurance. I estimated the 5 track days were ~£200 of the £300+

Still pretty good, a lot less than I expected 

• Like 1

Yes I’d need to ask for the exact amount as it was a package but I remember that the difference between the standard cover and adding on the 5-trackdays bundle was somewhere around £175-£200. Only need to do a couple of days to make it worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1