ne7ers cheap track day

oioi

the ne7ers and the north east elises have booked the newly modified circuit at the boro karting circuit for friday 30th april

the back straight is very long!  leading onto the long banked corner. down

towards the pits, through the chicane and then leave the old track behind

and onto the new track where it will be i guess a fast-ish left followed

quickly by a hairpin right, uphill towards towards a chicane and blind

crest right onto the back straight..  All the new circuit is basically

sunk down to protect from noise, this means liitle to no run off, although

the circuit is wide.  Definately more challenging and interesting than

elvington.

cost if we fill the track with cars is 40/car.  total number of cars

limited to 25 with only twelve on track at once.  6 hours track

time, which should be plenty.  ket me know if you are interested.

this is being planned with the north east elises so we should get our

names down early before the thing fills up with mobile chicanes!  would be

nice to have a 50/50 split elises to se7ens :-))

hopefully this will represent good value for money.

OiOi

• 2 weeks later...
the ne7ers and the north east elises have booked the newly modified circuit at the boro karting circuit for friday 30th april

30th April according to the original post.

Andy

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies to those that were coming, hopefully you have all seen the email by now.

Mike

Dear All

I just took a call from Teeside Autodrome at 5pm this evening and its Good News, Bad News I'm afraid.

The Bad News:

As you may recall we are the first group to use their new 2.1 km trackday facility hence we got an especially low rate. The bad news is that the weather and time have worked against them and consequently they're not ready for us. They've been constructing the tyre walls over the past few days but the rain and building works have resulted in the run-off areas being too boggy to be safe.

The Good News:

They obviously want to keep us sweet so they've offered us an "Iron Man Challenge" in their twin engined karts FREE OF CHARGE for the morning and we may get to drive the full track in our cars in the afternoon with a bit of luck.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news especially to those of you who've booked the day off work. All I can say is the karting is great fun even (or especially) if its wet and the fact that its free of charge I hope is at least some consellation.

The arrangements are still to meet at the venue for a 10am briefing and there is a bar that serves food for lunch (but not free).

Directions:

From the A19, turn onto the A66 eastbound until you get to the second roundabout. Turn right and then immediately turn left at the next mini roundabout. You're now on South Bank Road. Take the 3rd or 4th left turn (should be signposted "Teeside Karting" or "Teeside Autodrome") and you're there.

..........and here's a map http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.....=N&ar=y

Here's a link to their website for those who don't know the venue. http://www.teessidekarting.co.uk/karting_circuit.htm

Marc H,

Could you let Joe know - I don't have his contact details.

Ian,

Ditto for Neil Cockerill

Mark J,

Likewise for Graham Guest - could you let him know please.

Apologies once again and don't let this put you off any future events.

Regards

Richard