Charlie_Zetec

A couple of the Essex club members expressed interest in the “aerorace-style” radiator ducting for cars with the uprated Polo/Coolex rad (may fit original Polo rad, but would need checking)….  Picture is a gallery image just to give you an idea.

I’ve had quotes back to make a batch up by local engineering firm, and was just gauging numbers if I was to progress.  Prices are looking around £32 for the four pieces made out of 2mm aluminium (as I asked for small batch of 10 units).  If easier, I could bundle together a kit with the bolts and rivets needed as well, but this would probably add a couple of extra quid.

So far I’ve had 3 confirmed requests, but looking to see if there’s anyone else that would like one as I have to make it to 10 items to be viable (or the price increases by £10 a set).

I’m not doing this as a business venture, just looking for cost recovery!  Lead time would be about 2-3 weeks. Opening out to the club to try and boost numbers.

Ideally collection from Chelmsford, Essex, but could post if you’re happy to pay for it!

7B32386E-8C38-4130-BB4C-EEEAE7EE5BEB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you're ok to post, I'll have one, preferably with the bolts and rivets. 

If you go ahead, drop me a PM and I'll send you the money over.

Many thanks for offering this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2023 at 20:29, Burgerbob said:

If you're ok to post, I'll have one, preferably with the bolts and rivets. 

If you go ahead, drop me a PM and I'll send you the money over.

Many thanks for offering this!

Put the order in to have them made, so will drop you a PM once I’ve got them in-hand ready to package up & post!

• Thanks 1

I know I’m late to the party but If you're ok to post, I'll have one, preferably with the bolts and rivets too please. Let me know and I’ll send you the money.

On 07/04/2023 at 15:59, Nozza said:

I know I’m late to the party but If you're ok to post, I'll have one, preferably with the bolts and rivets too please. Let me know and I’ll send you the money.

Put an order in to include a couple of spares, so should be fine!  I’ll be in contact with everyone who’s shown interest once they arrive to confirm

payment/postage details….

• 1 month later...

@Nozza @Burgerbob ducting kits are in!

I’m just getting the rivets together to build it, and I’ll see if I can find some stainless M6 bolts to attach to the rad to include (no promises).

Total for the lot came in slightly higher than expected, at £38 per set - plus postage.

I’m away with work from Monday through Friday next week, but if you’re desperate I can get them posted first thing Mon AM subject to cleared funds.

Drop me a PM to sort!

• Like 1

Hi @Charlie_Zetec not sure if you saw my PM, but drop me a message with your payment details and I'll send the money straight over.  Cheers, Rob

Hi @Charlie_Zetec have you seen my PM? Drop me a message with your details and I'll send the money straight over.

Cheers

Neal

Hi gents, back from a week away with the family - PM's replied to!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.