• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Price Advice! Duratec Engine package

RJRWesty

Can't seem to find the correct place to ask the question! 

Looking for opinions on the value of a duratec engine package please. Complete drop in .

Std 2.0 duratec, 12,000 miles. No smoke etc. Raceline bodies, ecu,stainless exhaust manifold and system ,raceline sump, all pipework and engine wiring, starter ,alternator,clutch etcetera.

Still in the car so it's a running engine with no faults.  Many thanks 

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to Price Advice! Duratec Engine package

Blimey. You can get a engine in poor shape for 200-300 quid. Your best bet is to take it out rip it down and sell components separately 

It’s often pointed out that an engine swap (say from crossflow to zetec, or pinto to duratec) can easily cost you a good couple of grand on top of the bare engine…

• Like 1

What ecu is it? (Westfield Duratec of a certain age came with (now locked forever) Weber Alphas. As long as the package is kept in the state of tune inc things like exhaust manifold it was mapped for the Alpha is a good ecu. So has some value as part of a running package, but it is nominal value.

Alone, these days it’s worth anything from zero to ~£100 or so, on its own, (depending if you can find someone desperate for a spare, or to replace an identical mapped one)

As Chris said though, those ancillaries alone including the Raceline ITB, (rebadged Jenvey’s, normally, but a photo would confirm), will be north of £3000 (new) to fit and get running, without the cost of an engine included

22 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

will be north of £3000 (new)

Yep, so maybe 2/3 new price for desirable good condition used items (which is what I sold the good stuff for back in the day when I used to break bikes)

Yeah, I'd be pitching around the £2k mark, if it was me.

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Yeah, I'd be pitching around the £2k mark, if it was me.

There about 500-600 new?

18 minutes ago, Pco said:

There about 500-600 new?

It's a full engine package! 

21 minutes ago, RJRWesty said:

It's a full engine package! 

I was referring to the throttle bodies

29 minutes ago, Pco said:

I was referring to the throttle bodies

Ahh ok. 

1 hour ago, Pco said:

There about 500-600 new?

Dave said “those ancillaries alone…” so add up all of the parts listed and if you can get them for under £3k new I’d say they are likely to be stolen 😁

11 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Dave said “those ancillaries alone…” so add up all of the parts listed and if you can get them for under £3k new I’d say they are likely to be stolen 😁

I'd agree with that ! I paid £600 after looking for 3 Months for a 60k bare engine for my last car at the back end of last year as that was the best I saw come up for sale. Even then it was off the floor not running in a car for me to see. All options welcome and I'll make a decision... if I wanted to sell it in less than 5 mins I'd be sticking it up for 2k... but I definitely won't be doing that !

1 hour ago, Pco said:

There about 500-600 new?

Yep, I'm up to about £2200 (inc Vat) on the Race line web site just with the throttle body kit, wet sump and exhaust system alone, no ecu + wiring loom, no mapping on the rolling road, no plumbing parts and all the little bit's and pieces you forget about for an install. Plus the clutch, starter and alternator etc.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.