This Sunday 26th February 2023, Cross Hands Hotel, Old Sodbury, BS37 6RJ

Flying Carrot Steve

There is a regular classic car meeting at this venue on the 4th Sunday of each month, the next one is this Sunday the 26th of Feb 2023

This is the hotel where the late Queen famously got stranded in the massive snow drifts in December 1981. I was also not far away, stranded on the M4 at junction 18! Ah great times 😁

Although it's a classic meet all sorts turn up including from time to time myself and a few mates in kit cars. 

It's free to attend and the hotel lay on bacon rolls, tea, coffee etc for £6.00, but it has to be cash so if you decide to come don't forget your money £££££

It starts around 🕣 8.30am officially but in good weather can be already quite busy by then. The very large car park often fills up completely.

Weather forecast is looking half decent for this Sunday so I may pop along I think. 1 or 2 of the guys from the WSCC Bath and Bristol WhatsApp group MAY also be attending I think. 

If anyone on here turns up please look me up and say hello. if the weather turns out to be dry and not fffffff-freezing cold 🥶 I'll be in the Flying Carrot, my orange Westie on a 14 plate with a full cage. If not I may be in a tin-top or my bed 😂

On the same day there is another event about 11 miles away cross-country via some of the roads that surround Castle Combe race circuit. Some of the attendees may blat off to that one also I reckon. This is the M4 Karting Classic meet at Hangar 88, Hullavington Airfield and runs from 9am til 1pm officially.

Both of these events are listed on Facebook if you need more info. A chance to see some beautiful classics while having breakfast and a chat. Last time the bacon rolls were excellent! 🍔🍔🍔

If people are feeling like even more fun then I guess there is always the opportunity to blat off somewhere else afterwards, my favourite trip from there is to AV8 at Kemble/Cotswold Airport but unfortunately atm they are closed on Sundays. 

Cheers everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Flying Carrot Steve changed the title to This Sunday 26th February 2023, Cross Hands Hotel, Old Sodbury, BS37 6RJ

Sounds great, normally I’d be up for joining you but sadly the Mrs has made other plans for me this weekend. I’m getting my Westfield back on the road next weekend 3rd March so I’ll be around for blats and meets from then on, I try to get out most weekends at some point - AV8 is one place I’ve not been to 

I'd be up for a run down from Worcester to this after I come off sorn on 1st April. So hopefully you'll post again when the weather is a bit warmer