Wiring Loom and Gauge Set

griffith500user

My wiring loom is very butchered and could do with totally replacing. Not sure if they’ve changed much over the years? Together with this I’d like to revert to standard instrument gauges, ideally better quality than the VDO units. What have you got?

Yes they have. Also, the "modular" loom, used for many years now, though a neat concept, to cover all the different engine permutations, is packed full of compromises. Some of them,, not particularly good ones.

Couple that with wanting to go for better quality gauges, which potentially would immediately make the instrument wiring wrong, you'd be better just starting from scratch, either making, or having loom made. There are some off the peg universal fit looms too, that could be shortened to suit...

Have a go at making your own. If you can use basic hand tools and read a circuit diagram you can make exactly what you want.

I have a set of Smiths white faced dials with brushed alloy bezels which were purchased direct from Westfield. 

The rev counter and speedo are 80mm and I have the oil pressure, coolant temperature and fuel level which are 52mm.

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/instruments-gauges-senders/smiths-telemetrix

The speedo does have recorded mileage which would be approx 3700 miles?

No reason why I can't power them up to confirm if these are of any interest one evening this week?

I'm in Newbury so fairly close to you.

Just powered the speedo up, 3600 miles. Shocking that that's all the mileage I done 🤨.

Unfortunately I'm unable to lay my hands on the speedo sender and harness but I'll keep looking as ultimately they will be up for sale at some point.

The instructions and wiring diagrams are present along with how to program/calibrate the speedo.

20230226_205444.jpg

20230226_205915.jpg

20230226_205928.jpg

20230226_205641.jpg

20230226_205646.jpg

I have these.. all new. Have been test fitted into a dash but that's all. Perfect condition . Please pm me so I get a notification if your interested.  Cheers 

Screenshot_20230302_175223_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230302_175312_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230302_175447_eBay.jpg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.