What the postie brought today!

Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

On 27/06/2024 at 18:08, DanH said:

New tyres arrived today ready for Angelsey and Castle Combe, there's something about new tyres that make me 😁

IMG-20240627-WA0001.jpeg

Well they definitely look like they mean business don't they! Very nice

If you have used R888Rs before please let us know how they compare. 

• Like 2

Finally some DRL'S to improve my visibility and de-tango the indicators. 

Got really p******** off with Ebay sellers who advertise items without actually having any stock. Anyway here now.

20240703_133534.jpg

• Like 2

Looks fantastic Chris! How long before you're on the road being left in my dust? 😂😂 I'm kidding of course, that's gonna go extremely well 👍👌

I may have to use a higher boost level now darnit!

• Like 1

It's official, I'm in.

How good are the stickers? Will it last there?

20240706_114006.jpg

20240706_114611.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

It's official, I'm in.

How good are the stickers? Will it last there?

20240706_114006.jpg

20240706_114611.jpg

My sticker has been on my roll bar since joining last year. Sure others will tell you they’ve had theirs a lot longer than that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt_S said:

@CarbonWest - Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO Which BGH gearbox did you go for?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it performs compared to my (what I assume is) standard T9. The 1st and 2nd gear ratios could be better although I'm not in the habit of doing 0 to 60s

Thanks to @Craigieboy for his detective work - some black bonnet catches from Protex to replace my standard ones. IMG_3355.thumb.jpeg.ff0e02aaba764ae79280d69cd140ee7c.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SteveB21 said:

Thanks to @Craigieboy for his detective work - some black bonnet catches from Protex to replace my standard ones. IMG_3355.thumb.jpeg.ff0e02aaba764ae79280d69cd140ee7c.jpeg

Not only that, but a company that understands customer service.👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SteveB21 said:

They look good! Might get a set for Winston 👍

In this case I was the postie, picking up my silencer from a place called AtomFabs in Chard, Somerset. It had cracked welds on the bracket between pipe and silencer, and also where the pipe meets the silencer. It had also been repaired once previously. They quoted me £50, and ended up only charging me £30 and it was done very quickly between other jobs. Nice chaps to deal with too, recommended. Will refit it tonight ahead of Powderham tomorrow

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0318.thumb.jpeg.2fb641686b2575664d5c515d9ee92a87.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

In this case I was the postie, picking up my silencer from a place called AtomFabs in Chard, Somerset. It had cracked welds on the bracket between pipe and silencer, and also where the pipe meets the silencer. It had also been repaired once previously. They quoted me £50, and ended up only charging me £30 and it was done very quickly between other jobs. Nice chaps to deal with too, recommended. Will refit it tonight ahead of Powderham tomorrow 👍

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0318.jpeg

Looks a quality job.

I do like the black heat shields, just can't bring myself to order one from WCL...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Not only that, but a company that understands customer service.👍

Yes - ordered midday Tuesday, arrived this morning (Thursday) and well packaged.

image.png.607c13d71cd8e89c58178c8260a20a52.png

After slightly too many years of, well, not doing anything at all really, we have upgrades!

And it's for the MX5... 🤦‍♂️

• Like 4