What the postie brought today!

Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

Planning on keeping the BMW lump? Is that a 2.5 or 2.8? Going to be fun fitting the plumbing around that....

Got to be worth a build thread of its own.

• Like 1

Its 2,5l M52 as I was told. I am not familiar to BMW's, and not really fan of them , but it is what it is, saw the asdvert on Locostbuilders, talked to seller , price was very fair, so... 

Heard that diffs, gearboxes, engines are robust, and lot of aftermarket know-how and solutions for those . My dream would be to put somehow Alfa V6 Busso engine from my 1562,5v6  I still have (chassis starts to rust, but engine is in great condition)  in seven-type chassis. Maybe in this GKD/DMO ? But not sure it this is possible , dimmensions,  engine orientation, sump modification, somehow adapter plate to BMW gearbox... 

Yes BMW inline R6 engine looks huge in the chassis, but I need to take it out with gearbox anyway (no clutch installed etc) so will be easy to put brake, fuel etc lines. No panels should make this plumbing easier. 

What worries me much is an oil sump - rear part sticking down, and only 10-11cm away from road. Have to look if there are some aftermarket shallow sumps or other solutions to that . Want to make it road car, not track so ride height for slipping policeman etc cant be too low. 

As for build thread, I am not systematic enough to run such thread, never did so far... , I admire those who do it ! 

But maybe I will try, anyway this GKD/DMO Legend 6 must wait, as I am trying to finish before winter other project - MNR Vortx with CBR1000rr engine (there is plenty of room around engine in this case ;) )   .

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Been waiting for two things to arrive in the post so I was delighted to receive a very lightweight box from the postie this morning...

20231117_140533.thumb.jpg.680a0bd345535fe51127131aa6ba30dc.jpg

A set of beautiful new rollbar covers from Carbon-NV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Baker said:

Been waiting for two things to arrive in the post so I was delighted to receive a very lightweight box from the postie this morning...

20231117_140533.thumb.jpg.680a0bd345535fe51127131aa6ba30dc.jpg

A set of beautiful new rollbar covers from Carbon-NV

I'm baffled Paul, where on the roll bar do they go exactly? 

1 hour ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I'm baffled Paul, where on the roll bar do they go exactly? 

They are for FW bodies not ZK I believe mate.

• Thanks 1

I ordered these from the CCS at the NEC last Friday 

came in the week from Rally Design and fitting going on over the weekend. 
New bushes also. 

OBO. 

IMG_3445.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OBO said:

I ordered these from the CCS at the NEC last Friday 

came in the week from Rally Design and fitting going on over the weekend. 
New bushes also. 

OBO. 

IMG_3445.jpeg

Yep, I reckon they will stop you - fast!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After 17 (to dispatch and 20 to recive ) weeks of waiting today recived my Halfhood and Storm cup from Soft Bits for Seven :)  ( wrr for duty I need to pay although there should be no duty tax for items "made in UK" but, reality is different, not first time. 

Anyway quality looks realy nice, solid material etc zips, velcro, nice bags, hope it will allow us for more days in Westfield next season! :) 

(if I manage how to get in and out, but hope openings with zip allow for that as in open car (or almost?) 

IMG_20231128_165447642.thumb.jpg.ca54c16362bcfa1c5c7f9e91a9a7c917.jpg

Sadly, right now maybe not best time to try  😕 

IMG_20231128_165658358.thumb.jpg.fb169a70423073b9e02089b740d3688f.jpg

IMG_20231128_165731981.thumb.jpg.aec199f9eb1ef4e9e35bfae8f068091d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's only a little bit of snow...

• Haha 1

Yes, so far, but already a lot of salt on road :)  and I will not fit in in winter clotches even witout a roof ;) 

• Like 1

I had multiple emails giving me updates on their journey from the Midlands to South Devon , only for them to turn around and head back to the Midlands due to the wrong house number .  Thankfully local postman spotted the error and delivered these yesterday.  Getting them shod with 195/50 r15 r888r.    Are the spigot rings worth using, my 1.2s don't have any but these LTs seem to have a larger hole in the middle.

20231201_132909.jpg

20231201_135739.jpg

• Like 1

Do not use them without the correct spigot rings. You will experience terrible vibrations and it is dangerous.

Team Dynamics are generally 73.1mm and you will need 63.4mm for Ford hubs. This is what the reference code is on the side of the ring, 731634.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1