What the postie brought today!

Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

One of these:

image.png

Fits under the nose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Mickmade front splitter from the look of it!

Almost correct,  its 2 of them 🙈😎

• Haha 2

I hadn't noticed the brown tape around the centre of the bubble wrap, on my phone it's almost identical in colour to the box, I thought it was two separate parts!

WRONG! 😂 

31 minutes ago, MR.C said:

Yeah add about half a kilo!

🤣🤣🤣

Looks good though. 

Nosecone isn't much over 1kg, I dont think the v8 under the bonnet will complain too much about a little extra weight. 

20210929_182737.jpg

1 hour ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

How do you fit them, are they bonded on or something else? 

I bolted mine on with black plastic bolts. The theory being the bolts would shear off before damaging the nosecone if i hit anything.  

20211013_130159.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some SoftBits roof bars for me today, to help with my half hood project (converting a full roof as it’s all but impossible to get half hoods for narrow bodied cars now).

Not cheap at £84 delivered, but saved me a load of messing and the curve should help tension and lift the roof a bit. They split in two easily which makes stowing them much simpler if I remove the roof when out.

Now to cut them to size without messing up 🤪

DB0CBC78-AD88-416F-AC9C-EDDC10191766.jpeg

6793C461-B402-425B-9901-15C4DA481CE9.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A few bits arrived yesterday and today to help complete my half hood. Some webbing, clips and anchor points to make up the straps to tension it all up.

CF546649-5A2F-4F62-8FE4-5296B364073B.jpeg

Oh, and the other day, an Easy Composites order arrived, ready to do some repairs on the hoods header rail, (It's not broken yet, but is cracking in the usual spot.)

I've glass fibred over the break points before now, on previous hoods, which lasts a little while, depending how often the hood goes on and off, but eventually splits again. I've tried spare carbon fibre mat, (wet layed), in place of the grp, which lasted a bit longer so this time....

image.png

Yes, the yellow "tape" is 400g woven Kevlar tape for reinforcing seams etc on Aramid mat builds!

No doubt the "Westifield" header will find a way to split bullet "resistant" Kevlar!! (I do have a spare brand new header rail in for when it finally gives up the ghost, or I get a half hood etc)

Just wish some one would do one in a rolled aluminium extrusion or similar!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

as a side note, now so many have gone down the Insta360 route, and we’re starting to get some really good info, is it worth us moving things like this to the video help section we set up last year?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

as a side note, now so many have gone down the Insta360 route, and we’re starting to get some really good info, is it worth us moving things like this to the video help section we set up last year?

Yes, good idea - or even an Insta 360 sub topic in there!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Good plan 👍