What the postie brought today!

Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

15 minutes ago, corsechris said:

More what was missing really. Almost did it DIY but thought I’d patronise Westfield Chesil and buy the exhaust mounting kit. 

IMG_4136.thumb.jpeg.c780b4719e871eac41abddc06842165a.jpeg

Anyone spot what’s missing?……

…..yep, the mount that bolts to the exhaust. 

Awaiting a response to an initial phone call and then a follow up email now. So far, not that impressed, sad to say, just crickets at present. 

Should have stuck to DIY. 

That’s annoying! After two broken bobbins, I’ve just ordered exactly the same kit so I hope the get it right for me, and that they sort you out quickly too.

Looks like the picking list is wrong, they’ve shipped two band clamps rather than the U bolt thingy.

1 hour ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

That’s annoying! After two broken bobbins, I’ve just ordered exactly the same kit so I hope the get it right for me, and that they sort you out quickly too.

Looks like the picking list is wrong, they’ve shipped two band clamps rather than the U bolt thingy.

Stuff happens, it’s how it gets sorted that matters really….

The list is correct, the setup uses a band clamp at the front and back (silencer pipe to manifold and silencer to curved tip), and the main mount is a curved piece that attaches to the can using a couple of the M6 bolts that hold the end cap in place. It’s a nice neat solution tbh.

Currently have the old-school setup with the U bolt and a plate & bobbin, but it’s always been iffy from day 1. After 31 years I thought I should get round to fixing it…..

The missing bit is top left in this picture from the parts page:

IMG_2470.jpeg.58df67d4ba81fb6f9eea2ebf7b0512e0.jpeg

10 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Stuff happens, it’s how it gets sorted that matters really….

The list is correct, the setup uses a band clamp at the front and back (silencer pipe to manifold and silencer to curved tip), and the main mount is a curved piece that attaches to the can using a couple of the M6 bolts that hold the end cap in place. It’s a nice neat solution tbh.

Currently have the old-school setup with the U bolt and a plate & bobbin, but it’s always been iffy from day 1. After 31 years I thought I should get round to fixing it…..

The missing bit is top left in this picture from the parts page:

IMG_2470.jpeg.58df67d4ba81fb6f9eea2ebf7b0512e0.jpeg

Ah, must be a different kit, mine looks like this, or should do 🤞

IMG_9659.jpeg

Ah, different kit. That looks much like what is on the car now. 

30 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Ah, different kit. That looks much like what is on the car now. 

I just need something to position the bobbin vertically, ideally in compression, so it doesn’t keep breaking. 

Not exactly what the postie brought today as they arrived 5 mins before leaving for Malvern on the 31st May! Sadly, the car is still not ready to refit any of the suspension!

20240531_095111.thumb.jpg.a14dcaded46fff5e9aa0f2bbbe450737.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I had to pick this up from the DHL depot as they claim 2 attempts to delivery had found no body at home, no paper work left to show delivery attempts.🤨

IMG_0508.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO said:

Not exactly what the postie brought today as they arrived 5 mins before leaving for Malvern on the 31st May! Sadly, the car is still not ready to refit any of the suspension!

20240531_095111.thumb.jpg.a14dcaded46fff5e9aa0f2bbbe450737.jpg

They look very nice! Wish mine looked that good

15 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

I had to pick this up from the DHL depot as they claim 2 attempts to delivery had found no body at home, no paper work left to show delivery attempts.🤨

IMG_0508.jpeg

What is it exactly?  I can't decide if it's a brake bias device, a steering wheel quick release or some kind of kinky S&M weapon 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

What is it exactly?  I can't decide if it's a brake bias device, a steering wheel quick release or some kind of kinky S&M weapon 😂

S&M weapon?

it is a one piece steering column with quick release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Insuranceman said:

S&M weapon?

it is a one piece steering column with quick release.

Looks like a nice piece of work.