What the postie brought today!

Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

My parcel arrived yesterday having been impressed by seeing Hedley’s videos and wanting to capture some of my own. This neat little thing arrived and looks just the job. I just need a decent sized MicroSD card now, plus I’m waiting to the mounting bracket for the roll bar. As soon as I’ve recovered from this ‘orrible chest infection I shall be out giving it a go!

If there is no other similar thread, feel free to post up whatever has arrived for your Westie upgrades or projects. ‘Postie’ can be in the broadest sense ie also including collecting or suspicious looking meet ups in Motorway service car parks (etc etc) to exchange strange shaped objects in brown paper bags 😉.

382DC8D5-0CAA-46F2-8447-C6A271052442.jpeg

93E26EB4-E4AF-42C0-864A-1C7A29CEFF28.jpeg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, fatblokestu said:

My parcel arrived yesterday having been impressed by seeing Hedley’s videos and wanting to capture some of my own. This neat little thing arrived and looks just the job. I just need a decent sized MicroSD card now, plus I’m waiting to the mounting bracket for the roll bar. As soon as I’ve recovered from this ‘orrible chest infection I shall be out giving it a go!

Welcome to the 360 Camera club. Say good by to whatever hard drive space you had 😉 I took 3 cards for our 11 day 2022 Die Alpen trip 2 x 256GB and 1 x 128GB. I didn't film continuously and still ran out of space. Best to buy Sandrive cards such as this- 256GB Card Amazon from reputably suppliers. Some awful fakes about.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Welcome to the 360 Camera club. Say good by to whatever hard drive space you had 😉 I took 3 cards for our 11 day 2022 Die Alpen trip 2 x 256GB and 1 x 128GB. I didn't film continuously and still ran out of space. Best to buy Sandrive cards such as this- 256GB Card Amazon from reputably suppliers. Some awful fakes about.

That sounds a fantastic use of one of these cameras. Are you pleased with the results you have got and any tips ? Something I've been hankering after for a while now but never sure the best one to buy etc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gary Taylor said:

Postie just been 😃

78E74894-5C19-447B-9371-C5E2A236CC22.jpeg

Must be a carbon snowplough for you Gary? 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kenton said:

The postie delivered to me too 

20230216_130604.jpg

Ok, I give in Kenton, going to need a bigger clue than that! 🤣

On 15/02/2023 at 14:09, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Thanks Ian, the Amazon man is a couple of stops away with a SanDisk 256GB card as suggested

EDIT TA DAA 👍

01F8DA50-1C58-41BA-B8D8-25A7A44483C8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nick Algar said:

That sounds a fantastic use of one of these cameras. Are you pleased with the results you have got and any tips ? Something I've been hankering after for a while now but never sure the best one to buy etc

Happy to talk you through the pro’s and con’s that I’ve  learned from transitioning from a GoPro to an Insta360X2, editing etc. I’ll drop you a pm with my no.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, fatblokestu said:

Thanks Ian, the Amazon man is a couple of stops away with a SanDisk 256GB card as suggested

EDIT TA DAA 👍

01F8DA50-1C58-41BA-B8D8-25A7A44483C8.jpeg

You’ll get circa 5hrs, at max res and frame rate with that.

• Thanks 1

• Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset changed the title to What the postie brought today!
2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

You’ll get circa 5hrs, at max res and frame rate with that.

Thanks Ian. Enough for most of my regular jaunts. Will grab another in due course when funds allow.

They are very good, only issue I find is external mic seems flaky if connected with adapter which powers the camera from car. 
usual fun finding the best place for it, usually under dash to minimise wind noise. 
I put mine above ecu panel 

Andy

Re action cams, recently I wanted to scratch the itch for one and got the DJI Action 3. I've thought about getting the Insta 360 but I wanted something easier to edit.

Re microSD, the Samsung Pro Plus is also worth getting, same performance of the top Sandisk cards but no chance to getting fakes.

Mickmade front splitter from the look of it!

• Like 1