Silverstone Festival 25th to 27th August 2023

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Hi I'm looking to come along but it unlikely I will be in the westfield as stopping at the premier in and using a taxi so a few beers can be had on the Sunday. Can I still use the discount code for the 2 tickets to get in but not use the club parking

Yep, the entry tickets are fine, we just don't have tin tops on the infield.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve Smith - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO said:

I brought my ticket’s with the club discount. Please can I ask when we will receive tickets.

Thanks

Info from Silverstone FYI :

You will download an eticket from your Silverstone account which you may download to print or display on your phone to gain entry into the circuit. We'll let you know once tickets are available to download.

If you have bought a Car Club Display Package and/ or a RetroRun Package, your vehicle display pass will be posted to you approximately two weeks before the event.

• Thanks 1

I have received an email from Silverstone about our tickets. It say they have gone paperless. They want me to download the Silverstone app and enter order number. You need have your ticket on the app on your phone and it won’t let me print a hard copy. I don’t want to have the ticket on my phone because I am camping for days and when my phone battery goes flat I won’t be able to gain entry. 

6 hours ago, Steve Smith - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO said:

I have received an email from Silverstone about our tickets. It say they have gone paperless. They want me to download the Silverstone app and enter order number. You need have your ticket on the app on your phone and it won’t let me print a hard copy. I don’t want to have the ticket on my phone because I am camping for days and when my phone battery goes flat I won’t be able to gain entry. 

Surely this is a question for the people who issue the tickets? Not sure how anyone here can help. 

Edit to add… pretty bad idea though! As you say, what if your phone dies 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have sent them a email last week but they haven’t come back to me. The reason I posted on forum was in case someone has the same problem and they might have got a response back from Silverstone.

Booked my tickets today, my email says the tickets can be downloaded closer to the event, so I'm assuming they will be printable once downloaded

When I purchased my tickets the payment summary advised delivery will be a digital ticket.. I've had the email last Friday to advise I need to download the Silverstone tickets app with instructions on how to do so and use it, so all you guys who have bought tickets should hopefully have the same email 👍

Note:  the digital ticket is your entry ticket only, the vehicle display pass is posted out.

18 minutes ago, JamesGN said:

they will be printable once downloaded

Not according to their faq…

IMG_5097.jpeg.0b427c2d84b360defcec1099426eeeb4.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Not according to their faq…

IMG_5097.jpeg.0b427c2d84b360defcec1099426eeeb4.jpeg

I've just been to Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel BST concerts at Hyde Park, that were e-ticket, the e-ticket QR code updated about every minute to prevent copies and entry was only through the app.  I'd suggest a power bank battery to keep your mobile charged over the weekend, 20000mAh should be enough.

No, they can’t be printed, and I’m strangely really angry about this!

It seems very dismissive, (ironically for an event based around classics) of all those without a smartphone of their own, let alone those camping for three or four days, who may now have to pay to use on site charging points or find some other way of charging the phones.

A short sighted and arrogant attitude to ticketing.

51 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

find some other way of charging the phones.

You guys are welcome to use my camper and it’s 1000ah LiFePO4 plus 300W solar setup 👍

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kingster said:

You guys are welcome to use my camper and it’s 1000ah LiFePO4 plus 300W solar setup 👍

..........have you got a beer fridge as well? 😅

• Haha 1

Well said Dave. That is exactly my thoughts. Short sighted and arrogant.

28 minutes ago, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

..........have you got a beer fridge as well? 😅

Oh yes! 🍻

• Thanks 2