Hello from another newbie!

Paul Baker

Hello there!

Been meaning to sign up to WSCC for ages and now that I'm finally behind the wheel I've finally got round to it.

I've been building my Westfield FW for the last couple of years and got it on the road just before Christmas last year. Passed the IVA first time but it was sat waiting for six months due to the backlog...

Tucked it away for the winter and have now racked up 600 miles over the last couple of months, breaking her in gently. 

It's a fairly standard FW, with the addition of throttle bodies, and I'll be looking to add extras and upgrades subject to funding - would definitely welcome recommendations! I'm thinking side screens and maybe a top might be first..?

Not really set up for the track, but I've signed up for the CKC/Prodev track day this weekend at Llandow. 

Looking forward to touring some of the beautiful roads around the South West (living in Bristol now but I'm an Essex boy originally) - great to see so many trips happening in the forums, I'll hope to join some of them soon!

Paul

pb1.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome from South Derbyshire!

Lovely looking car, nice to see you chose the right colour 😉

Welcome, a lovely looking car!

50 minutes ago, RobH72 said:

Sad to see you chose the wrong colour 😉

😝 that’s a bit harsh, Rob.

Its not his fault, he was new!

Sorry!

:getmecoat:

• Haha 2

:ww:from a very summery Norfolk! Lovely looking car. 

• Like 1

Haha!

Thanks for the welcome.

I love the debate on colour - I was originally set on BRG, then it was blue with biscuit interior, then I decided on yellow before a late switch to red.

Think I got the right colour in the end…😉

• Like 2

Bugs like yellow!!  Westfields can take all colours and look fantastic. Personal choice. @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative has BRG and it looks brilliant. Mine is dark blue with black interior. All of them look far better with a bit of cow poo having had a drive out 😀😀

• Haha 3

:ww: from sunny Somerset.

• Like 1

Hi @Paul Baker,

Welcome and lovely car you have there.  I am your local AO for Bristol and Bath and I'm going to Llandow on Saturday too, BRG SEiW with Toybox strip, so we can catch up then.

IMG_5887.thumb.jpg.38998186011b53536f6310a42a1cb25e.jpg

I'll PM you with some local updates etc.

Regards

Chris

• Like 1