1991 SEIW Extensive Rennovation (Sold subject to payment)

shinysideup

SEIW first registered July 1991

Vulcan X-flow 1700 with Kent 234 camshaft / twin 40 dcoe Webers

~19500 miles (based on last MOT)

This car has been a much loved member of the family since 2003, however after embarking on a project to bring it up to date and clean up wear and tear on the shell with a view to potentially converting for track use, I’ve run out of time and would love to find a new owner who will enjoy it out on the road.

The car is currently SORNed after being in a body shop for an inordinate amount of time (I told the guy not to hurry, he didn’t!) - it will need a little bit of work to get it on the road and will need to be collected by trailer. More details on this below.

Nonetheless, it started first time when I took it out for photos today and sounded gorgeous as always!

I have also kept a pile of original documentation and a number of old parts including the original doors and some spare items which would all be included in the sale.

Updates / New Items - all either brand new or with very light usage

- Complete shell renovation/ respray

- Engine bay clean up and paint to match

- Removed all pop studs for doors, tonneau (could be re-done)

- Dazzle camouflage decals (should peel off if you hate them!)

- Team Dynamics wheels with R888R tyres (+ spare) and locking wheel nuts

- - (Note there is no spare wheel carrier - the larger wheels are too heavy to mount on the rear)

- Updated dash with new instrument panel & Smiths OLED multifunction speedo/gauges

- Momo steering wheel with momentary switches for indicators

- Motorbike style inertial indicator control box (auto cancelation)

- Immobiliser

- New clutch (~250 miles max)

- New K&N air filters

- New headlights

- New Willans harnesses

- New carpets, gaiters, pads on the door sills

- New windscreen & mirrors

- New bonnet spring clips

- New fuel pump

- New filler cap

- New widened front arches

- New radiator fan

- New LED rear clusters

- New battery

- New front grille

Outstanding items:

Switchgear and wiring to rear lights needs attention (wasn’t connected up properly after bodyshop)

Smiths speedo relies on magnets on the prop shaft - my epoxy didn’t hold, needs new magnets and calibration

Original seat pads still present but have been painted black - I never quite decided whether to put proper seats in or refresh the seat covers. (Floor is not predrilled for seats which could be a bonus!)

Tracking needs sorting after the bodyshop - its drivable but steering is very heavy.

Will need MOT to get back on the road (after speedo, rear lights and tracking sorted)

As you can see, quite a lot has been spent bringing everything up to date and ensuring the car lasts quite a few more years.

I'm looking for £7500 - please feel free to PM any questions.

Thanks!

IMG_4964.thumb.jpeg.126b4b42dcf384cb9cd4d353d4c06d05.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

IMG_4968.jpeg

IMG_4969.jpeg

IMG_4970.jpeg

IMG_4971.jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

IMG_4974.jpeg

IMG_4979.jpeg

IMG_4982.jpeg

IMG_4978_small.jpg

• shinysideup changed the title to 1991 SEIW Extensive Rennovation (Sold subject to payment)
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, westchnord said:

Hello 

Is this car. Sold please ? 

Thanks 

@shinysideupis no longer a member now, so is unable to answer you. I would treat this as officially sold, despite the pending addition 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.