Working from home office chair

Quinten

Finally have enough of the (cheap) operator chair I bought this year.  It's causing me pain in my back, and in my *rse.  At work we have Herman Miller chairs, but to be honest, I don't get comfortable on those either, so there is little point in taking one home.

Anyone got a recommendation for chair that's good enough for a 6'5 17st fat *rse?  Have a budget up to £300 and will consider refurbs as well.

10 minutes ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

Anyone got a recommendation for chair that's good enough for a 6'5 17st fat *rse?  Have a budget up to £300 and will consider refurbs as well.

I am not 6,5 but match the other two.

I use this chair in my office and its very comfortable.

https://www.aosom.co.uk/item/vinsetto-executive-office-chair-sleek-ergonomic-pu-leather-360-rotation-w-headrest-in-black~920-063BK.html?recv=eyJwYWdldHlwZSI6InNjaCJ9

I started off with the non-XL version of this, so assuming the XL version is just as comfortable for the taller folk!

https://www.gtomega.co.uk/products/pro-xl-series

It did take a day or two before it got comfortable though, so presumably there's some kind of bedding in 'thing' about the cushioning.

Swap the desk for a stand up desk, it made a huge difference to my back, mine did both so I alternated between the standing and sitting. 

2 hours ago, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

Cheers Geoffrey, I should have said that I'd like to avoid the PU leather stuff as in my experience it lasts about a year before breaking into tiny flakes. 

1 hour ago, Dommo said:

I started off with the non-XL version of this, so assuming the XL version is just as comfortable for the taller folk!

https://www.gtomega.co.uk/products/pro-xl-series

It did take a day or two before it got comfortable though, so presumably there's some kind of bedding in 'thing' about the cushioning.

I'm liking those, will do some research on them

44 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Swap the desk for a stand up desk, it made a huge difference to my back, mine did both so I alternated between the standing and sitting. 

I've got an electronic rising desk in the office, but other than offering me better space underneath when sitting, I just can't work standing up.  Lots of colleagues do and swear by it, but it's not for me.  The IKEA desk I have has extendable legs, so I can adjust the height to be perfect for the seat, and my monitors are also all at the right eye level.

1 hour ago, Rush Motorsport said:

me too I have a yo - yo desk which can lift my two monitors up so I can work standing up, good bit of kit but not cheap

I ended up going full nerd and bought a rig to combine work and play

tspc_rev.jpg

Never go full nerd. The missus hasn't been near me since!

• Like 2

Small update.  Tried various "ergonomic" seats, but none of them really cater for my height.  Either the headrest sits somewhere on my shoulders, or the seat pad is too small, or it's just not comfortable.  Have brought a Herman Miller Aeron from the office to at least replace the crap chair I'm using.

I'm about to try out my son's Noble chair for a day, but having seen the Obutto, it got me thinking...  to be continued...

• Like 1