Insurance for road legal sprint car

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

I've just tried to insure my road legal sprint car and was advised that it will cost me the princely sum of £590 !!!!

Once I had picked myself up of the floor, I asked if this was TPFT or FC. I was advised that it was FC because of the value of the car. I asked for TPFT just for interest and was advised £388 instead. This was with Competition Car Insurance. I left it at that as those prices are plainly ridiculous.

Where is everyone else insuring their sprint cars and for how much ?

I need a decent quote pretty quick so that I can get it taxed and user friendly again  :love:

John

Just got a more reasonable quote of £155 with Footman James for 1500 miles PA. Will probably go with them.

I'm still curious who everyone else goes with and what value they state for their cars and what premium they pay. Especially fellow competitors.

Regards,

John

Mine isn't a sprint car, but try Dave Spragg at MSM.

(01279) 870535

I was with HHH, but it looks like they're closing...

Andy

Mines with HHH (phone the Peterborough office). Lowest mileage policy they do, valued at 10K. IIRC, it was under 200 quid fully comp.......

I was with HHH, but it looks like they're closing...

They are, but I don't think anything is happening for a good few months yet. Besides, whatever they have planned, I doubt they'll turn business away.....

Don't forget Footman James are a Speed Series sponsor this year and are offering special discounts for members on your kit, bike and household insurance !

Dave,

Just road use (1000 mile PA) but apparently they dont quibble on claims when it has come to light that you compete in your car. The FJ quote was for 1500 miles and presumably they can determine that I compete in the car as well, because I asked for discount due to competing in the Speed Series.

£590 or £155 - no brainer really.

John

Imagine being seventeen and trying to get a decent quote on a Westy!  Still, it was great to turn up to college in!  Alas that was five years ago now, but I'd  have been well happy with £600 then!  (Costs me £800 TPFT for the Hyundai 'run-about', and that's bog slow!;)

I'm with FJ on the Westy and can't complain,

Machin

because I asked for discount due to competing in the Speed Series.

WSCC discount is available to ALL paid up members and not just speed series drivers  :D  :D  :D

John you needn't have said anything about it  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

I'am 18 and have a Dutton phaeton 2  :D

I spent a while looking around for insurance for it, my Dad had a look for me at footman and James, but they offered only £750, third party only, so i had a look and Graham Skye, quoted me £500 third party fire and theft, not bad when you consider i'am 18 and haven't passed my drving test yet!! :D  :D  :D  :D