Harewood Hillclimb 18/19 Sept

Terry Everall

Looks like we approx 12 Speed Series drivers competing on each day

Sign on documents have been emailed to everyone and must be returned asap

I had an issue using the Sunday docs ( would not allow me to enter details/rext so if anyone else has the same problem please post on here and I will take it up with Harewood Entries Sec

Terry, fingers crossed but I think my forms have gone in tonight for both events. Look forward to meeting up with the Speed Series.

Best regards

Phil

When I was working I was often away all week, so I liked to have everything ready for the competition the previous weekend. Having the finals for the weekend was one of those essential elements. Now I guess it doesn't matter as in retirement  I've nothing much to do....!

Now got finals by email so make sure you print off your paddock pass for both Sat and Sunday (on different emails)

See you there

Went to spectate today and although it was nice to see the Westfield's.

My eye was taken by an old f1 car? With a JUDD v8 motor, and a mini "A" series block with a 16v head and 180hp!

And the weather was brilliant.

John Hoyle smashed the class 3G Harewood record today with a fantastic drive.

1 hour ago, MR.C said:

Went to spectate today and although it was nice to see the Westfield's.

My eye was taken by an old f1 car? With a JUDD v8 motor, and a mini "A" series block with a 16v head and 180hp!

And the weather was brilliant.

Looking at the entry list, if it was blue, then it could be the Morgan/Amy Jenkins driven Pilbeam MP97. The chassis isn't F1 derived, its a hillclimb special, Pilbeam were the best you could get in British Hillclimb from the mid 1970s to the mid 1990s.

And the 16v head swap is fairly common in the modified hillclimb mini world, uses a BMW K1000 head. They used to do this so they can retain the original A-Series block, allowing them to run in the modified production classes, instead of having to go into a more 'unlimited' class. However I think it has been changed in the blue book so the head and block have to be original to the production vehicle.

• Like 1

Thanks, although i found the Judd engine more intriguing.

i grew up with minis and tuning and the Bridgeport 8 port head was fantastic,

But to see the 16v modern(ish) head on an old a series block was a shocker for me!

And 130 bhp was top draw, so 180 going through a 60s 1.4 block well..... stand back!

• Like 1

Well done. Great weekend. Some good times posted by everyone. PB for me as well but only a few 10ths.

Really lucky with the weather.

Don't remember ever being so many cars in class 2A.

:t-up:

• Like 1

Thanks for a great weekend guys, although I'm no stranger to Harewood or Speed Eventing, I am new to Westfield competition. Over the weekend I had some teething problems with my pre-lit but all sorted with help from John and Charlotte. Also a big warm welcome from the Everalls and other BEC competitors. 

I made some new friends and had a great time. I'll be back next season for more of the same👍but hopefully a little quicker😉