Ant Anstead Master Mechanic - Thursday 10pm (Quest)

Andy Malone - Editor

Morning,

I saw this programme mentioned a while back but it was on Motortrend/Discovery+ that I didn't have access to. However I've just noticed the series is airing on Quest from Thursday at 10pm if anyone is interested.

https://www.discoveryplus.co.uk/show/ant-anstead-master-mechanic

Cheers.

Watched the series when it was first on, on one of those trial month long subscriptions. I really enjoyed it, definitely recommended.

Is there going to be a series featuring the new car collaboration that’s been in the media recently, does anyone know?

11 hours ago, Blatman said:

Quest is a Freeview channel...

But you don’t have to wait a week for every episode.

I saw they were selling Ant’s Alfa-esque kit at the Silverstone Classic the other week. Not my cup of warm beverage, but quite nicely done.

Best bit was Ants wife finding out the car he was building was a single seater.

I enjoyed it at first.. I was chasing it around YouTube to watch it. but didn’t find the last few episodes. I’d grown a bit bored too..  I think the issue is for me with all these programs they have to pitch them for the average viewer which it absolutely what they have to do for it to be commercially viable.     I enjoy them but feel I want the more advanced pro-  version.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DamperMan said:

I enjoyed it at first.. I was chasing it around YouTube to watch it. but didn’t find the last few episodes. I’d grown a bit bored too..  I think the issue is for me with all these programs they have to pitch them for the average viewer which it absolutely what they have to do for it to be commercially viable.     I enjoy them but feel I want the more advanced pro-  version.    

You would think in this day and age after the "consumer" version there would be an "on-line" or "red button" (yes I know it's a BBC thing but in principle) version that does the deeper technical stuff for those of us that would be interested. That said, I think they'd have to do a lot of re-shooting and editing 'cos I'm reasonably sure he isn't doing all this single handed, just like all the Wheeler Dealer progs, there are few of them with spanners in their hands...

12 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

And then he got divorced.

He got divorced from his English wife, this is his American wife.