Jump to content

Driving shoes.


ianali
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, SootySport said:

On your advice I ordered some Pilotis but sadly they don’t fit, too narrow and they only do one width so they are going back.

 I’m size 10 or 11 and have trouble finding comfy driving shoes, so far only cheap thin soled trainers fit me ok.

Sorry to hear that, I have to order 1/2 size up to get them the right fit for me, which seems to be their advice for UK feet. I first tried them on at a show, only bought at the 2nd show I went to. I really like them, but comfort is more important than anything else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/07/2021 at 18:30, SootySport said:

On your advice I ordered some Pilotis but sadly they don’t fit, too narrow and they only do one width so they are going back.

 I’m size 10 or 11 and have trouble finding comfy driving shoes, so far only cheap thin soled trainers fit me ok.

For those of us who have feet with some width give these a try, while not driving shoes they are perfect in my view, next to no padding and shaped like a foot as opposed to a torpedo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/07/2021 at 16:48, maurici said:

Slightly off the topic... but...

 

Does someone has experience with actual driving loafters rather than racing boots?

 

I do normally use racing shoes for every big drive out, but you cant avoid looking like a nunneyt when you walk in your favourite countryside restaurant with your sparco racing boots in flashy colours... so allways wanted a pair of driving shoes rather than racing shoes.

 

Does someone has any good refference?

So i have s2000 narrow pedal area width

 in normal trainerers you end up braking with right foot and catching the throttle at same time with right outer foot

a  bit unnerving 

I did not want to go down the racing boot  as my feet are only size 8 but broad and usally boots are narrow fit and tight on your feet and as said walking around after at a show or at coast  in summer in shorts isent that flattering with racing boots

not that i pose too old for that

So i had sum decent old trainers and ground the inner and outer on both left and right trainers    soles down with a grinder to make them narrow on insides for  braking and now not throttle  if that makes sence 

They work fine  and you cannot really see wat i did so now have trainers thats comfy and narrow in right place to drive westy and look good in shorts not that i pose cos am too old as said

This is a barnsley hack

Cheep as chips

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/08/2021 at 11:25, the stoat said:

For those of us who have feet with some width give these a try, while not driving shoes they are perfect in my view, next to no padding and shaped like a foot as opposed to a torpedo.

That looks a good "heads up", Stoat. I have extra wide feet, and a high instep, so I might give these a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barnsley John said:

So i have s2000 narrow pedal area width

 in normal trainerers you end up braking with right foot and catching the throttle at same time with right outer foot

a  bit unnerving 

I did not want to go down the racing boot  as my feet are only size 8 but broad and usally boots are narrow fit and tight on your feet and as said walking around after at a show or at coast  in summer in shorts isent that flattering with racing boots

not that i pose too old for that

So i had sum decent old trainers and ground the inner and outer on both left and right trainers    soles down with a grinder to make them narrow on insides for  braking and now not throttle  if that makes sence 

They work fine  and you cannot really see wat i did so now have trainers thats comfy and narrow in right place to drive westy and look good in shorts not that i pose cos am too old as said

This is a barnsley hack

Cheep as chips

 

 

 

16285004165211195433618914745207.jpg

20210809_101021.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.