Race number size

Smudge62

What is the preferred height of the race numbers that is mostly used on Westfields, I had to use 11" on my rally car but that's far to big on such a small car and I know a smaller size would fit better but unsure how much smaller. 

9inch or 11inch for msuk blue book spec. 

I have always used 9" 

Though as long as they are clear they dont seem to be too fussy for speed events

My Race plate is allways been A4 Size (the size of my cutter) and never had any problems as long as they are clear.

However I've been excluded for less obvious things, so moving on, I would stick to Blue Book Regulations.

• Sad 1

This is what the MSUK regulations say, but in reality providing its readable then I’ve not known them to be that strict on applying the rules.

14AD4EB1-635D-4772-A8F5-95586D62BB6C.jpeg

431A5561-3137-488B-ADC3-E9035A35C2B9.jpeg

For hillclimbs and sprints it is not normally a requirement to comply with 4.1.2 as we dont fix a nosecone number. There are some places I have heard of that ask for it as an extra in their Supplementary event regs

When or how do the numbers get allocated? 

21 minutes ago, cast iron said:

for racing or sprinting?

Sprinting, i.e the Blyton one coming up in July.

Andy you will get you number when the final instructions are sent out about 1-2 weeks before the event

sprinting, bit of electrical tape usually does 

On 01/06/2021 at 10:07, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

For hillclimbs and sprints it is not normally a requirement to comply with 4.1.2 as we dont fix a nosecone number. There are some places I have heard of that ask for it as an extra in their Supplementary event regs

Notably Shelsley Walsh, where they require a number on the nose or bonnet of the car so the pre-start line marshall can see your number as you approach him. However the nose cone number can be smaller, as long as it is readable for 20 or 30 feet. I used black electrician's tape for that one, which they were happy with.

Andy

Your number will change at every event

• Like 1