The Hostage has been returned

Andy - a15cro

Very nice indeed! 😎 I’m amazed you’re getting away with those number plates though... 😬

1 hour ago, Captain Colonial said:

Very nice indeed! 😎 I’m amazed you’re getting away with those number plates though... 😬

We are up in gods county, we seem to have more reasonable laws up here 😉

To be honest it sees the light a very select number of days a year. It’s 41yr old, historic tax etc, I’ve got black and silver plates in the boot as well just in case. 

We won’t mention my magic switch that opens the bellows of hell and bypasses the silencers and gives full roar. 🤘😈

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, a15cro said:

We won’t mention my magic switch that opens the bellows of hell and bypasses the silencers and gives full roar. 🤘😈

Ooooooo!  You got some Zoomies?  COOOOOOL! 😎 Takes me back to my youth when I had a number of muscle cars, each one I fitted with straight-through glass-pack Cherry Bomb “mufflers” 🤣 that shook windows, frightened small animals and drown out conversations and the cassette player... happy days!  Have fun! 👍

• Like 2

I had a 1999 Z28, (V10 reg was because I couldn’t afford V8) Same 5.7L as yours.

Best track day option would be any of the US 1 mile ovals, they weren’t designed for corners.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

More suited to a farm track seen as they’re almost built out of tractor parts 🤣

Definitely not designed for twisty roads, but straight line off the lights gives big smiles. 

This ones my plodder, just for shows, parades etc, give it a blip now and again just to make it anti-social (my wife says it’s embarrassing and she’s never even been in it!)

• Like 1

The NASCAR 2012 series engines, without restrictor plates, were getting 900hp on pushrods, two valves per cylinder, and no silly things like turbos.

I did the Richard Petty passenger drive round Daytona with a certificate to show an average lap of 150mph which was exciting. Huge steering wheel, foot long gearstick, driver with muscles like a weightlifter. Wife wasn’t too impressed when I signed the insurance disclaimer, put on the crash helmet, neck brace and climbed through the welded passenger door window. Also went to PIR to see the Winston cup in 2000.

Wife hated mine as well, but did travel as a passenger. She didn’t like the wheel spin at all. (Same in the Westfield)

14 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

and the cassette player

Shouldn’t that read “8 track stereo”

2 hours ago, Alan France said:

Shouldn’t that read “8 track stereo”

I would have thought that was more your era... or would it be 78s? 😝😄

• Haha 1

Got any of this Andy?

20210529_170736.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Got any of this Andy?

20210529_170736.jpg

Very apt Robin. Never seen it in the shops, but then I don’t go shopping much these days.

On 28/05/2021 at 13:12, a15cro said:

Not a bad looker for 41yrs old

That beast is so horrendous, it's fantastic.  And I love the fact that your second photo has it outside 'Acorn Pest Control'.  Good luck with that, Acorn!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

I would have thought that was more your era... or would it be 78s? 😝😄

Record players took up too much room and the needle jumped when cornering.

Memories, living in Battersea, cruising the Kings Road in my flat mates metallic purple Sunbeam Alpine. Santana playing Samba Pa Ti LOUD on the 8 track. Bliss.

Bet this would drop in with just a slight mod to the bonnet.

image.jpeg

• Like 2