Anglesey Cancelled 29th and 30th May

Simon Waterfall Syman84

Monday, 17 May 2021 For immediate release After much consideration of the circumstances we remain in, the Committee has this evening unanimously decided to cancel it’s Spring Sprints weekend at Anglesey on Saturday 29th / Sunday 30th May 2021.

In the weeks leading up to this point the Club did all it could to find a scenario where the event could operate, including discussions with Motorsport UK and direct mail to members of the Welsh Assembly, all without success.

That, and the confirmation that from today organised outdoor activities (including sport) are still limited to just 50 people, means we cannot run a viable event. Under H30.1.2(a) of the Motorsport UK Yearbook, competitors have the right to a refund of entry fees paid in respect of the event. We would also like to offer them the option to accept a credit note to be used against another of our events later this year. All affected competitors will be emailed individually later today.

The Championships that had included the event in their 2021 Championships have been informed. Like you, we were looking forward to returning to Anglesey and are disappointed we have had to make this decision. In the meantime, and on behalf of all of us at Longton & District Motor Club, thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Gavin Leadbetter Secretary of the Meeting Longton & District Motor Club

I feel really sorry for LDMC guys who have been involved in planning this event and will now have to cancel all marshals, medic, recovery and accommodation etc as well as "refunding drivers" 

with you Terry on that - a lot of work for nothing

It must have cost them money and I'm surprised they offer us a 100% refund. I'd be happy to contribute £10-20 to help offset their loss.

• Thanks 1

Utterly ridiculous by the Welsh Govt when you find out they are allowing 4000 spectators into Cardif Stadium to watch a bl**** football match only days later.  Grrrr.

It does seem a ludicrous situation when its Ok in England but not in Wales and risk seems lower to me !!

45 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

It does seem a ludicrous situation when its Ok in England but not in Wales and risk seems lower to me !!

Sprinting as to be the most socially distanced motorsport, it is what it is i guess, glad I’m not out this weekend looking through the window, daughters racing Sat/Sun mind but at least i can hide in trailer all weekend as long as she don’t bend it.