Jump to content

Simpsons system, How much??


Recommended Posts

Jackv4

Anyone know what Simpsons is charging for a Zetec bonnet exit system like in photo? 

118516365_241512053790178_1271377913112299716_n.thumb.jpg.09f415936a3a9435438f9ec17ba526e9.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
RobH72

Tried them earlier this year, they had a long waiting list (3 months or so) and wanted my car as they'd not done a Mega S2000 for a while and wouldn't give me even a ballpark figure... you might be lucky if they've done a recent one that's similar 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jackv4
Just now, RobH72 said:

Tried them earlier this year, they had a long waiting list (3 months or so) and wanted my car as they'd not done a Mega S2000 for a while and wouldn't give me even a ballpark figure... you might be lucky if they've done a recent one that's similar 

I should have mentioned, Im not buying but will be selling (not just yet) Im trying to put a value to mine

Link to post
Share on other sites
NigelO

I was quoted “about £1k” for a sidepanel exit system - still considering....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris King
8 hours ago, Jackv4 said:

will be selling

First dibs! 
 

Only kidding 😁 - but I’d bet this would suit @Paul Aspden The 2nd new engine build 

 

Any reason for the sale? Going turbo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jackv4
1 hour ago, Chris King said:

First dibs! 
 

Only kidding 😁 - but I’d bet this would suit @Paul Aspden The 2nd new engine build 

 

Any reason for the sale? Going turbo?

Yep going turbo, Ive started gathering up parts, Until im ready to do the conversion im keeping the car on the road, Going turbo is more expensive than i had thought but im getting there, Have pistons and rods/ turbo + manifold/ gaskets/ valve spring etc so far, Plenum and cooling to sort, Im going to be using all new parts (rods 2nd hand)

The Simpsons exhaust can go along with near brand new Omex throttle bodies, Like i say though it wont be just yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jackv4
2 minutes ago, Jackv4 said:

Yep going turbo, Ive started gathering up parts, Until im ready to do the conversion im keeping the car on the road, Going turbo is more expensive than i had thought but im getting there, Have pistons and rods/ turbo + manifold/ gaskets/ valve spring etc so far, Plenum and cooling to sort, Im going to be using all new parts (rods 2nd hand)

The Simpsons exhaust can go along with near brand new Omex throttle bodies, Like i say though it wont be just yet, Also have a fantastic condition chrome yellow bonnet thats cut to suit the exhaust and bodies

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris King
58 minutes ago, Jackv4 said:

Yep going turbo, Ive started gathering up parts, Until im ready to do the conversion im keeping the car on the road, Going turbo is more expensive than i had thought but im getting there, Have pistons and rods/ turbo + manifold/ gaskets/ valve spring etc so far, Plenum and cooling to sort, Im going to be using all new parts (rods 2nd hand)

The Simpsons exhaust can go along with near brand new Omex throttle bodies, Like i say though it wont be just yet

Supercharge it! Then you can keep the beautiful exhaust 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rush Motorsport

Not Simpson, but mine (“the best I’ve ever seen” @AdamR) was slightly less than £2k inc a silencer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jackv4
4 hours ago, Chris King said:

Supercharge it! Then you can keep the beautiful exhaust 👍

This was my first plan but decided to go with the Turbo,

Supercharger alone is £2k 😬 Saying that I still think the supercharger would have been the better option for drivability also would have sounded nice to,

Fabricating a nice turbo exhaust won't cost me much as tig welder.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
XTR2Turbo

I’d say between £1k and £1500 depending on spec. Eg polished or brushed, silencer size, cat etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.