Hello Everyone (N. Derbys. / Peak District)

Not Yeti

As a new member, thought I ought to start off with a quick 'hi' type post.

I've been a Westfield owner (SEi Wide, 2l Zetec) for about 20 years but due to 'life' the car has been  stored for the last few years. Now however, the re-commissioning is proceeding rapidly - well, when I say "rapidly" I mean; errrr reasonably quickly .....probably ;) 

I'm based not too far from Matlock and I see some club runs use the Sainsbury's car park as a start point - hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be able to meet some of you all and enjoy a zoom around.

Cheers,

Richard

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Not Yeti said:

I'm based not too far from Matlock and I see some club runs use the Sainsbury's car park as a start point - hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be able to meet some of you all and enjoy a zoom around.

Cheers,

Richard

:ww: Richard, yes, were often through Matlock, so will be great to meet you once we can! Please put some pics up of your car too!

5 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

:ww: Richard, yes, were often through Matlock, so will be great to meet you once we can! Please put some pics up of your car too!

Thanks Ian. Will do.

Welcome, and hope to see you in the Peaks sometime!

As Ian said, we love to photos!! Especially at the moment, when we can’t always see the cars just yet.

You will though be slightly limited in what photos you can paste directly as a trial member. But hopefully, we can persuade you of the benefits of becoming a full member! 😄 Not least things like insurance discounts, and discounts from some of our sponsors and suppliers, to help you with re-commissioning and getting back on the road.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Welcome, and hope to see you in the Peaks sometime!

As Ian said, we love to photos!! Especially at the moment, when we can’t always see the cars just yet.

You will though be slightly limited in what photos you can paste directly as a trial member. But hopefully, we can persuade you of the benefits of becoming a full member! 😄 Not least things like insurance discounts, and discounts from some of our sponsors and suppliers, to help you with re-commissioning and getting back on the road.

Dave,

Thanks for the welcome - I used to be a 'proper' member and when we I get a bit nearer to a running car again, I will rejoin. My impression from a quick read of some posts here is that this area is more active now than it was, say 10 years ago..? 

Cheers,

Richard

BC3.jpg.8641d3eca0b9a69e8e9f1fe901e1461b.jpg

As promised, here's a photo of my car shortly after it was taken out of storage. Compared to many it's quite a traditional [style] car but that probably reflects its owner... 

• Like 5

Looks great!

• Thanks 1

Welcome from South Derbyshire!

I'm a regular Peaks visitor with the club too, in fact my first ever WSCC meet was in that very Sainsburys car park! 😂

It'll be great to meet you when we're allowed 👍

• Thanks 1

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the club. You are right, we are a lot more active in this area nowadays and often meet up at Matlock, so it will be great for you to join the club and us when you can.

Oh groan, you have swept wings, my husband, Glen, loves the swept wings look, he will be crooning over your car when he sees it. The dark colouring will polish up lovely too.

Hope to see you and your car soon,

Julie

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Oh groan, you have swept wings, my husband, Glen, loves the swept wings look

And so he should!

546BB5D9-98CF-47E8-AC5F-0D6C0D65FA2D.jpeg

can’t beat a good swept wing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome from a blinking cold Lincolnshire!  Look forward to seeing you at a Peak District outing when we are allowed. 
Andrew

• Thanks 1