PC help

Westfields Rock On

Arrrgggggg. Stupidly I ruined my compooter software and had to reinstall everything and lost all my favourite files. :(  :angry:  :angry:  ???

I dont seem to have any sound coming through my speakers and have them plugged in and they aint workin. went to control panel and it says i have no audio hardware though the speakers worked fine before the compooters death.

I have windows XP. please help!  :0  :0  ???

how do i find what sound card i have

im barely on the internet and that beep from my tower when i should get sound is p******** me off. :(:(:(:(

why dont we have a cry emoticon?!?!??!?!?!?!

There's a couple of girlies on here aren't there?

Andy

how do i find what sound card i have

im barely on the internet and that beep from my tower when i should get sound is p******** me off. :(:(:(:(

why dont we have a cry emoticon?!?!??!?!?!?!

If your lucky the un-plugged and played soundcard will display a useful name in the device manager console.  Easiest way to get to this is press the windows key and the Pause/Break key (normally top right of keyboard).

Go to hardware

Go to device manager

Under sound, video and game controllers you will see an entry for your sound card.  If you’re lucky it will be something obvious that can easily be found on the 'net.  Post it up here what ever it says....

Andy,

There are a few girlies, but I seem to be the only hubby being watched and scrutinised by SWMBO on here :(  :(  ???

There are a few girlies, but I seem to be the only hubby being watched and scrutinised by SWMBO on here :(  :(  ???

I noticed ;)

Andy

Nah, that'll be a hercy-bird. And you don't have to be quiet to hear them here...

Andy

Was Stepps recent thread on the 40s pause during internet access, pretty close to a cry (for help at least)?

I think I've just been called a girlie ......  teargreyl.jpg

Just noticed this.......can't believe that Wrox and "PC" are in same sentence....... ;)  :D

AAaahh - PC as in compooter, not politically correct........well thats (a little) more believable now.... :devil:  :devil:

mmmmmmmmmm

thought my probs were over. The codec for Ghostrider works for the video but not for the audio :( need it for stockholm as well

:0