Finally Got it

bkeirle

After waiting nearly 4 months my Wesite 11 is now in my garage..and due for it's first outing on the Nurburgring on Saturday....A friend (volunteered whilst under the influence) to drive the car from Devon to Germany for me...in February!!!!! He left at 10am and arrived at a  very very wet 3am.... :D he wasn't laughing though...Can't wait to get to drive it this weekend..come rain or shine....a few mods require carrying out..just from the quick inspection I have had chance to make.... some pics  

www.slidersguesthouse.com/westfield.htm

As you're likely to drive yours before I get to drive mine  :arse:  :arse: I envy you, especially on the 'ring'.

Expect to have mine on the road sometime in April after I get back from the 15 year old's rugby tour to South Africa.

Of course, after 15 days with beer at £1 a litre, I might not fit in it  :blush:  :blush:

Took a look at the pictures, doesn't look like an eleven at all  :0  :0

What with flared arches, bonnet bulge and revised rear lights, looks at least 60s vintage  :devil:  :devil:

Have you tried starting it on a cold wet morning yet  :p  :p

Hi Bren,

We met at the ring last year in (September I think). IIRC you had the Duke and proceeded to wear two sets of tyres out in a week.

Nice to see that you've joined the Westfield fraternity but who the #### did you get to drive it over (I'm guessing it's someone from the Ringers list)

Unfortunately it's going to be at least early May before I get over this year so keep it neat & see ya soon :D  :p  :D

Cheers

Dave

P.S Totally off topic and I know you won't have forgotten but it's almost a year since Joerunds passing, totally :arse:

Took a look at the pictures, doesn't look like an eleven at all  :0  :0

What with flared arches, bonnet bulge and revised rear lights, looks at least 60s vintage  :devil:  :devil:

Have you tried starting it on a cold wet morning yet  :p  :p

I know  the looks are more D type..but it has the original chassis plate fitted..will take a pic of it.. I think it was rebodied due to race damage during it's life. The guy i bought it from has his own set of moulds...but I might ask Westfield as they still have the originals how much to make a new body...

I pressure washed it inside and out today..:) and it protested a bit at being started after that..but it fired eventually..lol..

Anyway..we don't have cold wet mornings in germany..   :sheep:

Hi Bren,

We met at the ring last year in (September I think). IIRC you had the Duke and proceeded to wear two sets of tyres out in a week.

Nice to see that you've joined the Westfield fraternity but who the #### did you get to drive it over (I'm guessing it's someone from the Ringers list)

Unfortunately it's going to be at least early May before I get over this year so keep it neat & see ya soon :D  :p  :D

Cheers

Dave

P.S Totally off topic and I know you won't have forgotten but it's almost a year since Joerunds passing, totally :arse:

LOL..Shush..I am still getting grief about that...

I used to own a pre lit 7 years ago..and I have a Robin hood S7 at my Dads in the uK...and yes one of my bike mates (Ross) who is also onthe ringers list drove it over..what the guy will do for beer is amazing..lol

May is not that far off....However March 9th is closer..

:devil:

June 7th to be exact...a sad day...

Yeah, I know the date, etched in my mind forever :(  :(

Might knock you up and stay at yours if you have room, I'm not exactly sure what date I'm coming over yet so I'll PM you

Cheers

Dave

Yeah, I know the date, etched in my mind forever :(  :(

Might knock you up and stay at yours if you have room, I'm not exactly sure what date I'm coming over yet so I'll PM you

Cheers

Dave

NO probs  or just drop us an email at the guest house

Cheers

Bren,

How was the ring today :)

Did the car make it round okay :devil:

Cheers

Dave

It was ****...... :sheep:

Awesome..was a bit cold to start..but warmed up great...the car is awesome..so nimble and agile..and enough power to get it sideways if oyu want to play..with load of prediatbility.. seriuosly under geared though..for Swedenkreuz and kesselchen...a lot of new tarmac about...Hochheichen being the best improvement..

Only dif 5 laps..  and found the first bodge job onit..the oil breather retrun pipe to the remote oil tank from teh rocker cover has a threded union on the ipe but no thred onthe coupling on the engine and the guy had bodge taped it/force fitted and it sprung a leka on lap 5..so i thought i best to take it home and source a correct fitting for it..

Apart from that and the fact it only does 3 laps on a tank of fuel...it was great...llChased the ring mini for a while...but I think I will need a bit more than 5 laps in it to catch  him...just an excuse to go more often..:))))

Bren

It was ****......

I suppose if you live 20mins from the 'ring', you can get blase about anything  ;)  ;)

Only dif 5 laps..  

Hmmm... 5 x 14 = 70km or about 40 laps of the Brands Indy circuit... about what I was used to for a days racing

Understanding (from the 'read me';) that its probably not 'eating pie with my fork' and just for research purposes, what was your lap time?

PS

Anyway..we don't have cold wet mornings in germany..  

From my experience, Worlds at Paderborn, Europeans at Mengen its always the above  :p  :p

Bren

Understanding (from the 'read me';) that its probably not 'eating pie with my fork' and just for research purposes, what was your lap time?

I refuse to time laps...I go there to have fun..Last year I totalled up around 1000laps...and I timed only one..in a 1 litre punto in the pouring rain..BTG12.30...but as a norm whats the point.. you don't win anything..I spent the best part of 20 years racing, pushing for that extra 1000th of a second...it makes you make mistakes..you only get to sit in the carpark for a little longer...Suffice to say that i dont hold things up... ;)