With regret. Bargain SEi with crossflow... SOLD!!!

KeithS

Sadly, thanks to an unforeseen change in circumstances and facilities, I'm having to sell my Westy SEi with 1600 crossflow on Webers. It was built back in 1999, but the original owner/builder passed away. His son sold it to a garage owner in Helston, who used it occasionally over an 11 year period, doing few more than a dozen miles each year, carrying out a precautionary engine rebuild shortly before sale. Colour (the original paintjob) is Peugeot 'Blaze'. On Rawspeed's rolling road, it made an honest 125bhp and most definitely makes all the right noises as only twin Webers can!

OK, the story... The car ran faultlessly and passed its MOT in September 2019 without comment, other than that there was a little play in a wishbone bush and one brake caliper was dragging slightly. I decided at that point to take the car off the road and carried out the following work: new front wishbones, new bushes and stainless steel fasteners on the front end, new upper and lower balljoints, new wheel bearings, new seals and brand new brake calipers. However, that is the point when work stalled – cold winter (lock-up garage without power) and then the whole Covid debacle, which hit my work heavily, meant that since then I have not touched the car. The wishbones and uprights are all assembled on the car, but to roll it needs the discs/hubs installing so wheels can be fitted. It will then need brakes hooking up and bleeding. Purchaser can fit hubs/wheels at my lock-up to move onto trailer.

It runs a set of Minilite-style 13-inch rims with virtually new Maxxis Vectra tyres (200 miles at most), with a brand new steel spare with another new Maxxis tyre. New stainless exhaust can. New thermostat, recent battery, new VDO temp gauge and sender, new lap and diagonal seat belts. Facet electric fuel pump. Full weather equipment. Bespoke Westfield half car cover (fits with the full weather equipment in place). Wind wings fitted.

I also have the following spares: two replacement 'clam-shell' front wings; boot box (so it could be cut to accommodate new roll bar); RAC-style roll hoop with rear supports; two brand new headlights; two carbon-look cycle wings; two new cycle wing supports; new GRP pedal box cover; two used full harness belts; two new side screens. 

The car is legally registered with IVA and I have the V5c in my name.

SOLD

IMG_6586.thumb.jpeg.46f031df06be6873654fd7b42852d130.jpg

Westy914.thumb.jpg.8eee7486176225831d38a0f71a59e3ea.jpg

• KeithS changed the title to With regret. Bargain SEi with crossflow... SOLD!!!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.