2021 Motorsport UK Licences - discounts available

S2T

Thanks for posting that Steve. Saves a bit of money for drivers

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure it's such a wise move to renew your license yet. I've already phoned them to ask for a free license in 2021 since I didn't use mine at all this year. Complete waste of £100 for me, no refund offered, and probably likely to be no events in 2021 at this rate.

There is a 25% off the 2021 rates 

RS Clubman is £69 reduced to £51.75p

I do hope we get some sprinting in next year

• Like 1

I have written to complain as below. Before meekly renewing can I suggest others do the same?

Dear Mr Chambers

Despite me not being able to use my licence in 2020 there is no sign of a refund from MSUK.

Instead I receive an expensively produced mailshot inviting me to renew my licence. Why was it sent? As I always renew on line that is a waste of money.

Although you can make no guarantee that I will be able to use my licence in 2021 you put a gun to my head and tell me I can only have a 25% discount if I renew by 31st January which will be much too early to judge if I will be able to use it.

I feel that you are exploiting your monopoly position.

I would appreciate your comments.

• 1 month later...

Richard - you are a man of influence. MSA just emailed to say RS licence discount extended to March.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/02/2021 at 15:15, ACW said:

Richard - you are a man of influence. MSA just emailed to say RS licence discount extended to March.

Strange, they’ve just charged me the full amount? 

10 hours ago, harrypotter said:

Strange, they’ve just charged me the full amount? 

The discount only applies to renewals. Were you a competition licence holder last year?

2 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

The discount only applies to renewals. Were you a competition licence holder last year?

Im sure he was.

On 25/02/2021 at 10:05, John said:

Im sure he was.

Correct.