New owner S2000

Welshdan

7 minutes ago, Welshdan said:

Im not a timewaster though, I sent him a screenshot of the text from NHS showing my boys results. He said he'd keep it for me it so I offered him a deposit to be certain I'm not a timewaster. Everything happens for a reason I suppose. 

No I know and I said as much in my post. I was just trying to say the buyer can't be 100% sure you're not, there's every chance he's had numerous chancers emailing with various offers and daft questions and offers to trade in all sorts of crap.

Agree the deposit should have been enough to sort it. But am a little confused so he said he would keep it and then said someone else is coming to view it on Tues?? 

He's just messaged me saying I can get it the weekend now. 😍😍

In the meantime I've been offered a SEIW S2000 for 3k less on Jenvey throttle bodies. 

Can anybody enlighten me on the differences? 

• Like 1

Is that Lloydox’s S2000? (Phil Lloyd)

Phil’s is a cracking car, there’s a build thread on here...

It’s a really, really well built car, technically, it’s not exactly an official Mega S2000, as Phil built it at the same time as Westfield themselves were developing the Mega S2000, so it shares some parts, but not quite all. Don’t let that put you off though, it’s still one of the best S2000 engined Westfields out there.

Obviously, I’ve no idea which S2000 you were looking at, so can’t speak for that one. I’ve both seen Phil’s during and after the build, and have done a few miles on the road with him, as have others in the Cheshire and N. Staffs Area. Phil’s is as good as any Mega S2000, and better than quite a few! (It’s got a better exhaust system than any factory system equipped car, as well. :blush: ).

His price, I would say, fairly represents the differences - for instance, he did use a mix of re-purposed bodywork, and then had the car painted, to blend it all in. Personally, that wouldn’t bother me one jot!

11 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Is that Lloydox’s S2000? (Phil Lloyd)

Phil’s is a cracking car, there’s a build thread on here...

It’s a really, really well built car, technically, it’s not exactly an official Mega S2000, as Phil built it at the same time as Westfield themselves were developing the Mega S2000, so it shares some parts, but not quite all. Don’t let that put you off though, it’s still one of the best S2000 engined Westfields out there.

I thought it may have been Phil’s too.

I have only seen it in the flesh once and then chased it 20miles but can second that it’s a great car.

• Like 1

As others have said above @lloydoxdid a cracking job on his build. He was kind enough for me to look at his car a few times whilst building mine and no surprises, I copied some of his ideas (Davies Craig EWP- water pump). The only reason Phil is selling it is due to lack of use, since the birth of his son two years ago.

As we know Phil's car well, can we see details of the other car your interested in and we'll advise pro's and con's of both to assist your difficult decision. Also what is your intended purpose of the car? Track weapon, weekend toy, Euro-tourer etc? 

Here's a video (sorry about the video and audio quality- it was a cheap Chinese go pro copy!)- 

You can see me trying to keep up with Phil from about 3 mins run time.

Here's a few pics of Phil's car in my garage during my build (I made a few tweaks to his Arduino based indicator controller).

image.png.788eddf324957d5a75ae89851961c6b6.png

image.png.e8f241980348e58884979fe28c464b06.png

image.png.52c4847014161eb47b0ffd854f741012.png

13 minutes ago, Jenko said:

No gear changes??.......Although must say, it looked like you were going well...

It's a tight twisty track and 3rd with a 9000rpm redline, covers a wide range of speeds!

14 minutes ago, Rush Motorspork said:

Using all that F20C torque! 

Yep, it's pretty flat too:

image.png.32bb86e3c9db88041dd15101f3118488.png

@Welshdan This is with Omex throttle bodies, Phil's will be similar to this with the Jennvey's, however it could be even better as he's got a trick exhaust manifold too.

@Welshdan I was going through a similar "which one should i buy quandary" a few weeks ago (see my another potential newbie post).

I got lots of helpful advice from the contributors to this site, and as a result of a wide spread of opinion, ended up with a lovely car at what I feel was a fair price.

Post links and people will help out.