bias brakes

steve wilson

My strikler isnt cappable of taking a bias system. Is there any other way of controlling the pressure to the rear brakes

You can put a balancing valve in the line for the rear brakes.   I have heard that a mini valve does the job, or you can get an adjustable valve.   It will of course mean cutting the front to rear pipe, and putting a couple of flares in it, but the ends will be worth the means.

Dunno what master cylinder you've got on your Striker, but a Fiesta proportioning valve is a doddle to fit on a standard Westfield Girling or AP m/c. It can just be screwed into the master cylider outlet for the rear circuit, then the pipe fits onto the valve.

Let me know if you want the part number, altohugh it's listed on here somewhere if you do a search.

Striker owners can join the WSCC as well  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :D

we've even got Cateringvan owners  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D

Dunno what master cylinder you've got on your Striker, but a Fiesta proportioning valve is a doddle to fit on a standard Westfield Girling or AP m/c. It can just be screwed into the master cylider outlet for the rear circuit, then the pipe fits onto the valve.

That sounds like an interesting alternative, just out of interest is the Fiesta valve adjustable?

Cheers,

Jon

Sylva Sportscar Register!

I dunno  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  First Cateringvan owners, a Throbbin Robin now a Sylva - oh to be popular  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  ;)  :devil: