Board at work ;-)

westy

Hello!  Only 1/2 hr to go so thought I'd join in  :D

No claims: get a letter from your insurance co. stating your number of years no claims (they will only count whole years of insurance so if you're going to cancel a week short, best keeping it until it goes over into the next year) this is valid for up to 3 years after the end of your current insurance period so you can just pick up where you left off after your jolly.  It shouldn't affect your premium much they only ask how many years no claims (from the letter you get) and how long you have held a licence - I guess they assume if you don't have your own insurance you are driving someone elses car for that time !  :xmas:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• westy

• mmmmdonuts

• Fat Albert

• chrisbin

Taped the F1 1st qualifying last night and speed watched it lunchtime.Quite interesting as there is always a car on track, not 30 mins of nothing and then 30 mins of mayhem.Did anyone else see it?

mmmmmmmd,

Back from the pub now, yes mr barmen thats number 6 Stella for me and the others :blush:

right, hic, talking to mr insurance man.  He suggest you buy a £50 wreck from somewhere find somewhere to store it and insure it for the time your away.  That way if you come back in say 2 years you have accumulated another 2years no claims on your policy.  The cost saving for doing that will normally cover the costs associated plus you benefit with more no claims from then onwards :zzz:

didn't get a chance to watch the F1 yesterday but hopefully I can catch the repeat later on today.  I wonder what odds I could get for a Minardi 1-2 :D

bl**** ####, Westy

Exactly 9am, you need to stop watching the clock  :p  :p

Clearly JV had noted that the FIA have banned team orders and therefore Dave Richards could not order him to stop holding Button up or deliberately obstruct at the Pitstop  ;)  ;)

$10m a year to be 'in the way'

I'm not ashamed to say I really enjoyed the GP yesterday lots of action and from different teams.  The queuing incident was excellent in the pits, surprised the FIA don’t charge Button a car parking rate while he waited.

Poor old Montoya presses the loud pedal and its the traction controls fault he spun round which is surprising seeing as he controls the direction of the front tyres and all the pedals!

Not so sure I agreed with Rubens description of why he went off, looked like a blatant reaction to getting a penalty to me.

I'm not part of any Fantasy F1 this year and I'm pleased I'm not otherwise I wouldn't get any sleep thinking about the best strategy!

I'm not part of any Fantasy F1 this year and I'm pleased I'm not otherwise I wouldn't get any sleep thinking about the best strategy!

Hmmm.... I'm sure thats exactly why the Minardis didn't qualify... so they could spend another Sleepless Night in Sepeng (sorry but Oz didn't have the same wit) worrying about their strategy... after all they must be masochists.

Just a thought, with last year's qualifying many more cars would have been on 'wet' settings, it would probably have been just as interesting a race, need a dry race or two to judge the changes

Is it me or do the front tyres look wider this season as well?

Looking forward to what sort of pace the new ferrari will bring when it is released (Monza isn't it?).  And the ban of traction control at Silverstone will make it interesting for the drivers as they cope with our excellent british weather!

Just a(nother) thought...

F1 cars currently have 850bhp+ and weigh 600kg+ with driver put down through 450mm wide rear tyres (with traction control, etc)

SteveD's Westie will have 400bhp+, weigh about the same but with 205mm (max) rears and a trusty right foot

In the wet, rather him than me  :p  :p  :D  :D  :0  :0

And the ban of traction control at Silverstone will make it interesting for the drivers as they cope with our excellent british weather!

I am going to the F1 test day at Silverstone in April, and am looking forward to hearing the engines SING without the 'pnuematic drill' missfire of the electronic tricks.  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Last year, on a damp track, they could just floor the pedal as they came out the twisty bit onto the start/finish straight, and not a smidgen of opposite lock in site :arse:  :arse:

And the noise.................... :angry:  :angry: not pleasant.

David

SteveD's Westie will have 400bhp+, weigh about the same

?????

With Steve D in it, or someone else????

Afternoon all, working at home today but still bored. Mind you, went out at lunchtime in the Westy  ;)  :)  saw a customer too, and got an order!!

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

agree on the noise, I prefer the sound of a whining smart car engine than that traction control rubbish.

Chrisbin, does this mean your westy has become a rep mobile :0

LOL

Sorry for delay - had to collect daughter from school   :blush:

Repmobile is still on drive.......cos S60 still not repaired  :angry:  :angry:

Can you believe, after spending £9k repairing it (!;) they are arguing over an alloy and tyre damaged by recovery vehicle...

On a different tack, that £9k is nearly all parts, hardly any paintwork done. New airbags, seat belts, steering wheel, dashboard, 2 new computers (whole car reprogrammed).....

all from a 15 mph frontal impact!!

Build in all these systems, then when they are used it costs a bomb to replace/reset them.....

Off to cook tea now... :blush:  ;)

But then I s'pose its better to have all those bits rather than end up like that old 960 on 5th Gear.......... :0  :0

BTW, took the kids to Mickey D's instead of cooking  ;) , well wife was going out anyway, so seemed like a good idea :p

Now in very quiet house - kids asleep, wife out......

Now where's that Stella gone.....

Anyone else around???