Board at work ;-)

westy

On Migweb they have a subject dedicated to people chatting while at work with interesting statements like 'how are you today?' and anything else they can think of, but in the interest of promoting conversation I think it works well...

There are currently 14960 posts so theres a target!

So how is everyone today, what have you been up to?.......

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• westy

• mmmmdonuts

• Fat Albert

• chrisbin

I am very bored.  Exactly the reason why I have just come on here.  My desk is in an unfortunate position meaning my screen is visible to most of the room.  Makes surfing difficult.

Funny how now I've decided to sell the Westie, I want to drive it all the time.  Always the way.

How are you?

good thanks.

I hate the desks that are corridor facing everyone stares at what your doing :angry:   How ever I am in the process of building a new office friendly skin for this site so once I get it finished it might make things better :)

I remember someone at work saying you can buy little mirrors to put on the top of the monitor that are meant to be for checking your make up or for blokes, that you dont have a 15cm boogie hanging from your nose, worth an investment ;)

I have seen a few people wityh monitor fixed rear view mirrors.  convex so you can see the whole room.  There are people constantly walking past here though.  I'll be leaving in 2 months anyway, so it doesn't really matter.  Appraisal next week though so I guess I should get through that first.

Going for jabs this afternoon.  Typhoid in one arm and tetanus and diptheria in the other.  Girlf had hers a couple of days ago and still can't move one of her arms much.  Probably no driving this weekend then.  Then got yellow fever, meningitis and Rabies jabs next week.  They make you sick apparently.  Fun fun fun.

Whats the forecast for this weekend anyway?

hhhmm Appraisals.  The last company I worked out were so fed up with them they just gave you a form to fill yourself on how you did the last year, did you reach your goals and what do you think your goals are next year, the manager then signed it off, not that he cared :D  :sheep:

No idea on weather this weekend but the window is open in the office today and the sun is shining through :) Also the F1 race this weekend, looking forward to seeing how things shake out with the new rules.

If no one else joins in we are going to have to post about 7500 messages each to catch up with the other board.

Just checked the 'users logged on in the last 15 minutes'.  Blatman was NOT on there!  Is he ill?

doesn't look like it.  They must all be too busy talking about cars or something.

Maybe no one else is as bored as us?

I am surprised they haven't been drawn in by the scintillating conversation.

Only ten minutes till lunch.

Do you know anything about insurance?  If I have a year without any car insurance, does that affect my no claims?  Or my premium?  

Might do.  Obviously got to think about what to get when I return.  Don't think it will be another Westie.  Got to get something I can drive a bit more (i.e. day to day).  I just don't get enough days when I just go out for a spin.  I've always fancied a TVR, but the insurance will be a bit of a killer (especially with only one years no claims).  Then there are the reliability issues.

I think first purchase when we get back will be a mini.  Keep me going for a while and I do love 'em!

Well theres been six times as many views to posts, someones reading but not posting obviously  

;) ........I'm sitting here with two fractured fingers and trying to eat a pot noodle; I can read but can't type at the moment.

:cool: ........before you ask, with a pencil held in my mouth

Well I've been following the excitement, parasitically sharing your boredom and wondering if any of my employees are as under appreciated  :p  :p ..... and reading this  :0  :0

Ooh, I shouldn't have said that  ;)  :D  :p

;) ........I'm sitting here with two fractured fingers and trying to eat a pot noodle; I can read but can't type at the moment.

:cool: ........before you ask, with a pencil held in my mouth

so how did you manage to put that smilie on then.  Either you used the mouse with the pencil (impressive) or you had to press shift+0 to make the ) with a pencil - even more impressive :D

mmmdounuts, afraid I don't know an answer to your insurance question but I will probably going for beers later on with a man that can answer it, I'll let you know.

Well I've been following the excitement, parasitically sharing your boredom and wondering if any of my employees are as under appreciated  :p  :p ..... and reading this  :0  :0

as long as your not into morning groups hugs with your employees thats fine :0